cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Gallery add another column from the list

Hi  ,

I have a parent and child  sharepoint list with lookup field as mapping. I have placed a gallery and loading all the items in a gallery with the below filter condition which works perfect.
Filter('Products',(Location.Value=DrpLocation.Selected.Value||If(DrpLocation.Selected.Value="-Select-", true , false ))&&('Category Name'.Value=DrpCatType.Selected.Value||If(DrpCatType.Selected.Value="-Select-", true , false ))&&(StartsWith('SERVICE TAG',SearchProductstextBox.Text)||StartsWith(MODEL,SearchProductstextBox.Text)))

Now i want to display a column of child list "AssignedTO" in this gallaery. where i have placed a label and on text property

LookUp(BIASITASSETS,ID=Value(GetpidfromAssignInfoId)),Last(AssetColl)).AllocatedTo

I read from ShangeYoung video that it is not good practice to use Lookup to display the data for a single column in a gallery.

How can we achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: PowerApps Gallery add another column from the list

@mdevaney can you help me in this regard

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps Gallery add another column from the list

Hi @Santosh_143 ,

Do you want to display data from another list in the gallery?

Could you tell me:
1)which is the parent list? which is the child list?

2)where is the lookup field? in which list? the lookup field name? looks up to which field in another list?

3)AssignedTO field data type?

I assume that:
1)'Products' is the parent list, BIASITASSETS is the child list

2)look up field is in BIASITASSETS list, lookup field named GetpidfromAssignInfoId, looks up to ID field in 'Products' list

3)AssignedTO field data type is single person type

4)the gallery is used to display 'Products' list, you want to display related AssignedTO field in this gallery

If so, you should set like this:
1)the gallery's Items:

Filter('Products',(Location.Value=DrpLocation.Selected.Value||If(DrpLocation.Selected.Value="-Select-", true , false ))&&('Category Name'.Value=DrpCatType.Selected.Value||If(DrpCatType.Selected.Value="-Select-", true , false ))&&(StartsWith('SERVICE TAG',SearchProductstextBox.Text)||StartsWith(MODEL,SearchProductstextBox.Text)))

2)insert a label inside the gallery

set the label's Text:

LookUp(BIASITASSETS,GetpidfromAssignInfoId.Value=ThisItem.ID).AssignedTO.DisplayName

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,272)