cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps Get Calendar ID issue

Hello,

I have created an app which is connected to Outlook which display the next coming event and can post one or multiple event in the user's Calendar.

It seems that for one of my user the application can't get his Calendar ID both on mobile and Computer.

The other users are fine so I don't know what's happening with that particular user.

The user have latest version of PowerApps on his phone (iPhone), try with multiple different Browser. I made the person clear the cache, reinstall the Application on the mobile still doesn't work.

The only error message the user get is the following:

Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV2 failed: The method 'GetEventsCalendarViewV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'calendarId'

But the thing is the other users got the same message when starting the application and for few seconds yet the application works completely fine so i don't know what could prevent the application to retrieve this particular user's Calendar ID.

Here is the code to get the calendar ID:

Set(_myCalendarID, LookUp(Office365.CalendarGetTablesV2().value, name = "Calendar").id)

And here is the code to get the Future Calendar Events:

ClearCollect(FutureCalendarEvents, Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV2(_myCalendarID, Text(Now(), UTC), Text(DateAdd(Now(), 90, Days))).value)

Thanks for the help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I find the issue. 2 of my users have their "Calendar" called  "日历"  in their Office 365 which is weird because other Chinese user its called "Calendar" so the value return for the calendar ID was Blank for those 2.

I update my code to be able to handle both case and it works now.

This was not easy to find as i had to put one of the user as a co owner of the app and then use their account to see what value where stored for "Calendar". 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Romain_Pham ,

Could you please share more details like the related formulas in your app? Are you using the Book a room template app? Check if below thread could help:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/PowerApps-Book-a-Room-Unable-to-fet...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mona,

I am using the "out of office" template that i simplified in order for user to be able to create multiple event at once.

The issue he got seems similar but in my case only 1 user out of 6 have encounter the issue. 

Please refer to my first post to get the related formulas in my app i posted it. and the part of the code that seems to not work is the one that are from the template i haven't change it. 

I find the issue. 2 of my users have their "Calendar" called  "日历"  in their Office 365 which is weird because other Chinese user its called "Calendar" so the value return for the calendar ID was Blank for those 2.

I update my code to be able to handle both case and it works now.

This was not easy to find as i had to put one of the user as a co owner of the app and then use their account to see what value where stored for "Calendar". 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (76,804)