cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnandrews1987
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Help Desk Template - Connecting to my own Sharepoint List

Unfortunately the deployment instructions at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/help-desk-install are incomplete.

I've set up my DataSource - connected to my Sharepoint List and managed to update the TaskCategories, TaskStatus, TaskPriorty, and AdminList Collections to my needs.

In OnStart - I've got this 'Help Desk Tickets' being the name of my Sharepoint List:
ClearCollect(TaskCategories,Choices('Help Desk Tickets'.Category));
ClearCollect(TaskStatus,Choices('Help Desk Tickets'.TaskStatus));
ClearCollect(TaskPriority,Choices('Help Desk Tickets'.Priority));
Set(MyProfile,Office365Users.MyProfile());
ClearCollect(AdminList,"user1@myjob.com","user2@myjob.com");
ClearCollect(TicketList,'Help Desk Tickets');
Set(NumberOfTickets,CountRows(TicketList))

I'm struggling to know how to populate the TicketList collection properly.

Here is what is in as default (hardcoded with examples):

ClearCollect(TicketList,{Id:1,Title:"Fix Mouse",Description:"That is my cat!!!",Category:"Laptop/PC equipment issue",PercentComplete:"0.9",Priority:"HIGH",AssignedTO:"THOMAS ANDERSEN",TaskStatus:"COMPLETED",Author:"ScottK@contoso.com",Editor:"Scott Konersmann",Created:"2/8/2018 3:29 PM",
Modified:"2/5/2018 3:29 PM"},{Id:2,Title:"Replace keyboard", Description:"Please do it ASAP",Category:"Laptop/PC equipment issue",PercentComplete:"0.8",Priority:"LOW",AssignedTO:"YVONNE MCKAY",TaskStatus:"IN PROGRESS",Author:"PATRICK SANDS",Editor:"THOMAS ANDERSEN",Created:"2/5/2018 3:29 PM",Modified:"2/5/2018 3:29 PM"});

I've tried the following:

ClearCollect(TicketList,'Help Desk Tickets');

AND

ClearCollect(TicketList,ShowColumns('Help Desk Tickets',"Id","Title","Description","Category","PercentComplete","Priority","AssignedTO","TaskStatus","Author","Editor","Created","Modified"));

The second example creates a nice Collection with all the correct columns, but is not pulling any data in from my Sharepoint list

Any help here would be much appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,634)