cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

PowerApps Help - Form Creation

Hello Everyone,

I have a Travel application, which stores travel information about each travelling, The Data Source is SharePoint, 

my client gave me a form sample and I have to rebuild that application create form according to this:
Form 1Form 1Form 1 ContinuedForm 1 Continued

I want to incorporate this form into my Canvas Application Form:
Canvas.jpg

I am little confused in adjusting this edit form according to the client requirement.

Any Help?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MH3 ,

To implement a similar Edit Form, please refer to the following steps:

1. Set the Form Column to 2, and the EditForm displays as 2 columns

2. Add a Custom Card to display the Titles , adjust the width to the maximum, set the Fill color to gray.

3. Add a Label into the custom card, Set the Text property to the Title 

4. Adjust width of some cards to the maximum if you want only one card shown in the line.

Here is a sample:

Snipaste_2020-06-02_15-58-00.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Can you give more information on how you want to edit the form.

What do you want on the EditForm that is missing?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24 ,

I have this application :

Request.jpg

I want to design this form according to this form layout given by the Client:

Form1.jpg
form2.jpg

This is 1 complete form, how can I design this in my Tablet Application? 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MH3 ,

To implement a similar Edit Form, please refer to the following steps:

1. Set the Form Column to 2, and the EditForm displays as 2 columns

2. Add a Custom Card to display the Titles , adjust the width to the maximum, set the Fill color to gray.

3. Add a Label into the custom card, Set the Text property to the Title 

4. Adjust width of some cards to the maximum if you want only one card shown in the line.

Here is a sample:

Snipaste_2020-06-02_15-58-00.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Nice to see you

20200602_133444.gif

I have done exactly what they wanted, but the user experience is kinda bad, because there are too many fields in just one Form, if there is a something tab effect workaround for this? will be very helpful for the user to interact with the application.

can you guide about that?

@aprildunnam  you had a video on that, can you help ?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MH3 ,

Yes, I recommend this excellent video from Shane about creating a Tabbed Form, which will definitely inspire you.

Sik

Power Participant
Power Participant

Tabs should definitely help you out with this.  For each of the sections of your form you'll want a separate form control on the screen.  You can then use either Shane or my approach to insert the tabs and show or hide the different forms based off of which tab is created.  Shane's video is probably best to walk through this since it specifically shows it in the context of a form.  

Yes @aprildunnam 

you are correct, Mr Shane's video is best but I would like to include your functionality which you shown in a seminar of PowerApps, I watched that video and you demonstrated a functionality of step by step process and which turns green, when the first step is completed its very awesome approach to guide the user how to use the form, I want to incorporate that thing.

can you help me in that please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,913)