cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liyapink
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps IOS app doesn't recoginze Carriage Return from Bluetooth Barcode Scanner

After I tried all kinds of methods to trigger an On Change action with external Bluetooth barcode scanners and failed, I think I finally locate the problem: PowerApps app on IOS simply doesn't accept a <CR> code (Carriage Return).

feed.png

I did setup my scanner with a <CR> suffix, and it works fine with PowerApps on Windows App and on web, as you can see with the multiline TextInput, but it never works on PowerApps on my iPad and iPhone, I didn't try Android though.

While same scanner works fine to add <CR> with other apps on my iPad, for example Notes and Numbers.

(I'm with IOS 13.1)

Do you know if that's a bug? and is there any workaround?

This is similar to thread Initiating on change without hitting enter with external barcode scanner

5 REPLIES 5
liyapink
Frequent Visitor

I just tried with an Android phone, it also good. So the problem is only with PowerApps on IOS .

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @liyapink ,

Could you please share more details on your scenario? 

Why do you want to trigger the OnChange event of Text box?

How did you add the <CR> suffix after the code?

We need more info so that we can provide further assistance. Also you can Request Microsoft for a a real-time communication.

Sik 

Thank you Sik, for the answer.

Sorry I didn't make this clear: I'm actually trying to trigger a series of actions (filter a gallery, show/hide some icons, play a sound) after I scan a barcode to a single line TextInput.

The multiline TextInput in the screenshot is just a simple way for me to test if a Carriage Return actually works. The <CR> suffix is configured to the Barcode Scanner device itself, but scanning a configuration barcode provided in user guide.

And I made more test today with the same app, latest version of Microsoft PowerApps, and 2 different brand of Bluetooth barcode scanners: Both scanners work well with Windows 10 App and Web, work well with a Android phone, and surprisingly work well with an iPad with IOS 12.4;

But both scanners doesn't work with an iPad with IOS 13.4.1 and iPhone with IOS 13.1.

('Work' means you do see a line change after you scan a barcode to the multiline TextInput)

Hi @liyapink ,

We can't reproduce your issue since we don't have any Bluetooth barcode scanner devices.

Could you please submit a Support Ticket to Microsoft to achieve a real-time communication with Microsoft Staff.

Sik

OK I will submit a ticket for that.

Thank you for your help Sik.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,686)