cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PowerApps Integration with PowerBI

Hi all,

Any idea how i could select a account from my PowerBi report and see field ( exemple: comments) from a excel datasource a Power Apps application ?

I have created a report in Power BI and the data source is another report in Sales Force.

I publish my report to Power BI (web) and used "PowerApps for PowerBI" to create a App base on my report (integration), so far so good and its working ! I am able to select a client in my Power BI report and the PowerApps gallery is filtered.

But since my Data Source is a report I cannot write back from PowerApps, but I need to be able to create a field name  "comment" in PowerApps to save comments on a selected client.

So I created a PowerApps Form with a Excel Data Source, with a column  named "comment". That form is on the same PowerApps Screen as my other Powerapp field from Power BI but I cant get it to work. I was able to save but cannot view the comment if a select the account again from the report or in Power Apps

Thanks for your help.

Fred 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps Integration with PowerBI

Hi @FredB ,

Do you want to display a specific record in a form after you select an account in your PowerBi report?

Could you tell me the relationship between the account in PowerBi report and your excel table?

Please notice that: 

whatever fields you selected in Power BI will be available inside of PowerApps as a collection with name PowerBIIntegration.Data

So you could use PowerBIIntegration.Data.fieldname to represent the selected account data.

If you also have a field with account data in your Excel table, you could directly set the Form's Item like this:

LookUp(exceltable,Clientfieldname in PowerBIIntegration.Data.Client)
//Clientfieldname is the fieldname in excel table
Client is the field that contains account data in your powerbi report

To avoid the problem when you select no account in powerbi report, try this:

If(IsBlank(PowerBIIntegration.Data.Client),
First(exceltable),
)

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Filtering-data-in-PowerApps-based-on-Power-B...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps Integration with PowerBI

Hi @FredB ,

Do you want to display a specific record in a form after you select an account in your PowerBi report?

Could you tell me the relationship between the account in PowerBi report and your excel table?

Please notice that: 

whatever fields you selected in Power BI will be available inside of PowerApps as a collection with name PowerBIIntegration.Data

So you could use PowerBIIntegration.Data.fieldname to represent the selected account data.

If you also have a field with account data in your Excel table, you could directly set the Form's Item like this:

//Clientfieldname is the fieldname in excel table
Client is the field that contains account data in your powerbi report

To avoid the problem when you select no account in powerbi report, try this:

If(IsBlank(PowerBIIntegration.Data.Client),
First(exceltable),
)

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Filtering-data-in-PowerApps-based-on-Power-B...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,666)