cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarvinMartin
Regular Visitor

PowerApps Loading stuck on blue screen

Our company has about a dozen PowerApps users, but two of them can't get beyond the blue loading screen.

Never gets beyond this screenNever gets beyond this screen

Here's details for one of them

• Running on an IOS. 
  • PowerApps version: 3.20124.17
  • Session ID: b301f5ec-1278-415b-ab89-6220f701f59e

Same user can log in successfully on PowerApps desktop app.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Darvin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarvinMartin
Regular Visitor

OK the issue is resolved. Turns out there was some IOS restrictions (settings) that were blocking the app!

Thanks for your help everyone!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
rahulswimmer
Helper II
Helper II

@DarvinMartin 
Please check. the OnStart event under App:
Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 9.43.35 PM.png

Also under Settings -> Advance Settings -> Preview Feature -> 'Use non-blocking OnStart rule' is turned on:
Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 9.44.44 PM.png

Your OnStart may have some code that has gone inside an infinite loop.

OK, thanks for the suggestion! I'm not sure why we'd be encountering a loop on start, but anyway here's what I've done to test.

• Removed OnStart event, and put it on a button that can be hit by the user after app is loaded
  • Turned OFF the "Use non-blocking OnStart rule". This HAD been turned on before.

DarvinMartin_0-1612032722200.png

After making these changes, I've republished the App. Also saved the App under a new name to make sure that the update is effective prior to load attempt. 

Result: Both users continue to stop at the blue screen (for both the original updated app, and the new copy). Meanwhile, other users can load both of them with no trouble.

MatthewInwards
Resolver II
Resolver II

Normallly whenever I have seen this error it has been down to the app getting stuck during an update. It might be worth clearing the cache of stored apps on the affected devices. You can do this by pressing the 3 lines at the top left of the app screen, then select clear cache. If this doesnt work I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the powerapps app.

I hope this helps 🙂

Matt

Thanks Matt for your input! But we've tried clearing cache and reinstalling Power Apps already with no success.

Keep the ideas coming - 'cause I'm stumped!

Thanks,

Darvin

You could also try making a copy of the app through using save as. Then try and open the copy of the app on the device. This could shed some light on whether  it is the code within the app or not.

Good morning Matt,

Not sure if you've read the complete thread above, but in my second post I mentioned how I've saved a copy of the app, but neither the original nor the copy would open for these 2 users. However, both the original and copy work for my phone.

I'll try creating a new, blank app with no connectors. And I'll report back whether they can at least open this.

Apologies for not fully reading the original message, I must have missed that.

Im sure you have tried this but I cant see it above. Can the users open any other apps on the devices that are experiencing issues?

DarvinMartin
Regular Visitor

OK, here's the latest. I created a brand-new, blank canvas app (no Data Connectors, an no app OnStart code).

Inserted two blank screens with buttons to navigate back and forth. One or two text labels to let the user know where he is.

STILL, these 2 users cannot get beyond the blue loading screen!

Any more suggestions, please?

DarvinMartin
Regular Visitor

OK the issue is resolved. Turns out there was some IOS restrictions (settings) that were blocking the app!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,829)