cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyee4614
Helper V
Helper V

PowerApps Not Triggering my Flow

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to trigger my flow from my app.  I created a flow in flow then I went into my app, attached the flow to a button (Code below).  When I try to test the flow from my app, it always fails.  It does recognize the flow was started in flow but the "start an approval" email never gets sent out.  

Picture #1: My flow setup.

flow.png

Picture #2: What a flow started from my app looks like.

flowpic.png

Picture #3: What I see if I press edit on a flow from my app.  

flowerror.png

Picture #4: When I go into flow and select "test flow" I can use the exact same data that failed earlier and the email gets sent and everything works as expected.  The cancelled/running flows are the ones I started natively from the app.  

testsuccess.png

Here is the code to execute the flow.

Sendapprovalandfollowupviaemail.Run("dyee@foothillpacking.com",User().Email,If(Toggle1.Value,User().FullName & "wants to create a new position.", 
User().FullName & "wants to hire a new employee"),Depo.Selected.Value,If(Toggle1.Value,PT.Text,ExtPosition.Selected.Result),report2.Text,area.Text,Pay10.Text,Today(),employment.Selected.Value,classification.Selected.Value,jobcategoryclass.Selected.Value)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dyee4614
Helper V
Helper V

I'm an idiot.   The emails are going to my junk folder.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dyee4614
Helper V
Helper V

I'm an idiot.   The emails are going to my junk folder.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,654)