cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burnes82
Regular Visitor

PowerApps Notification Licensing

I've read through the documentation and I'm not particularly clear on the licensing for Push Notifications.  I see that it requires Plan 2, however does this apply per developer or per user.

i.e. we have 2 devlopers and 300 users.  Would the 2 devlopers require the Plan 2 or all 300 users?

At £30pupm, if all users require Plan 2, this is a very expensive route to take.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi burnes82,

Have you read this blog about PowerApps push notifications? I haven’t seen it says that plan2 is required when using Powerapps push notifications.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/add-push-notification-to-you-app-and-boost-usage-and-rete...

I assume that developers could create apps then share the apps to users. All of the Office 365 & Dynamics subscriptions that include a PowerApps license will give the user the ability to access & run apps, about key features for each plan, please see this doc for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Mabel but that really didn't help.

Yes, I have read that blog post. I have also read the poorly constructed pricing documentation.

When you create the connection, the following is displayed:

notify.png

The 'Learn More' link directs to

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/trial-plan/

However, none of these clearly define what license is required to run the app.

Same issue here, my developed app can't be accessed by user because the user apparently need expensive plan which is pretty wtf.

Hi tofsweden,

Have you tried running this without Plan 2? I'm waiting for my organisation to setup a second Office 365 account for me so that I can test the licensing requirements.

The Microsoft documentation for this is awful - there is no clear explanation.

The pricing of Plan 2 would mean it would be cheaper for us to use a different platform, however it is really annoying as we have so many other features in use in the O365 platform.

An user without any plan that access to the app you mean? No

if you mean with other users that have higher or equivlant plan? In my organisation, we tried with an user that have admin rights/higher plan and the person could not even access to the app by phone or by 365 Dynamics.

Please reply when you have tried licensing requirement. As I cannot do it for now.

Hi tofsweden,

I will reply with my findings once I have tested.

Thanks

Hi tofsweden,

I just thought that I would update you on this. I have tested this today - using the Trial of Plan 2 on my E3 package account with a test account running the app in an E1 package.  The user with E1 successfully receives the Push Notification without Plan 2.

What I now beleive to be true (although I cannot guarantee this) is: All users of PowerApps seem to be able to Receive notifications without plan 2.  Only users that send the notification require the Plan 2 package.

This is based on my testing - so I can't guarantee this is 100% accurate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,054)