Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Offline Capabilities

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PowerApps Offline Capabilities

Thanks for posting in the community @Shay - can you review the above replies and update the thread if they were helpful?

Thank you,

@Anonymous 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I've made my app work offline, but I don't really understand your question. I'm not sure what you mean by "if I am cleaning the collection" for example.

Maybe post some code that illustrates what you are doing, then what is happening when that code runs.

My app copies the relevant records from a sharepoint list (PSO) to a local collection (PSOCache), adds a "Edited" column, then periodically (using a timer) checks to see whether there is connection and if so writes all Edited records back to Sharepoint, then ClearCollect from the data source back to the cache. In my case the number of relevant records is small.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shay ,

1)When you use PowerApps offline, the data will be stored locally in fact.

If you want the data to be updated to its data source, you need to enter verification information.

2)After you submiiting the form ,its mode will trun to Edit automaticlly. In the Edit mode, the form will display content about its Item setting.

Here's a doc for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-form

3)I recommend you use the function of IsBlank , If, Error.

Here's doc for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-isblank-isempty

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-if

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-errors

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Shay, 

I think I may be able to help with your 3rd issue. I am currently creating an application whic has a form. I am not sure about the verification check, but the user cannot submit my form without the data being entered, see image attached. I have highlighted fields. 

Hope this helps and apologies if you knew this already. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting in the community @Shay - can you review the above replies and update the thread if they were helpful?

Thank you,

@Anonymous 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi,

I Have developed an app using rating control,Its an app with offline capabilities in different scenarios-

STEP 1 : User Login In
User : Admin
Task : Logins in to the Application

STEP 2: User Moves to Home Screen
Task : Goes to homeScreen ,starts Performing rating in between the app gets quit.

STEP 3: User re-launch the app(Directly navigated to home screen)
Task : Again continuing giving Rating
Error: No internet and Rating not able to get ovveride/updated(ex- If user has give 2 stars for some criteria now user wants to make it 5 star its not saving).

Step 4 is happening irrespective of offline or online mode.

code snippet- OnSelect of rating control-

UpdateIf(
Filter(
SavingData,
UserName = userName.Selected.Name,
Some_crit = Gallery.Selected.Result,
Rate_Team = TeamGallery.Selected.Rate_Team
),
Criteria = RateGallery.Selected.Criteria,
{Score: Value(RateGallery.Selected.Rating.Value)}
);
SaveData(
SavingData,
"saving"
);

I am loading it by LoadData on App starts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,264)