cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrzysiekOle
Level: Powered On

PowerApps - PWA - get data from page

Hi

I need to get information from the site where I put PowerApps.
PowerApps is added to the page using Iframe. At the moment I use Param, e.g Param(infoProj) and get data from query string

<iframe width="1024" height="576" src="https://apps.powerapps.com/play/[ID]?source=website&screenColor=rgba(165,34,55,1)&infoProj=ABCD&infoId=ABCD-0013" />

Is there any way to get PowerApps data from the website dynamically? (Data on the site changes, Apps responds to these changes)

Maybe Flow? Any idea will be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: PowerApps - PWA - get data from page

Hi @KrzysiekOle ,

I'm afraid that there is no way to pass the parameters to apps dynamically in PowerApps, because, for the moment, parameters can only be passed to the app each time the app starts.

If you want to pass parameters dynamically, you can submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum.

I find someone has submitted a similar idea, you can share more feedback in it.  if an idea is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas link: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/when-new-param-passed-to-powerapp-mobile-relaunc... 

Best regards,

Sik

KrzysiekOle

Thank you for your answer.
So let's forget about dynamic getting data.
The application starts and I only want to get the data from the site once when the apps starts.
I tried to collect any data using Flow and Rest but I need the context in which the application is located (url site).

I apologize for boring the topic but I want to make sure that at the moment nothing can be done about it.

regards

KrzysiekOle

Temporary solution. I add script editor with javascript code to the page. The script changes the embedded 'iframe'

and adds a parameter that it previously extracts from the page context.

It works

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,811)