cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexgbehavior
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Plan 2 not allowing to create a Database

Hello, I started the 3 months trial for PowerApps Plan 2, but I cannot create a Database in my default (Production) environment because it says "Creating databases in default environments isn’t available right now, but will be back at a later date."

I want to use this trial to work in a Production app and see how it works the interaction with other Accounts when sharing. Unfortunately using a developer environment I cannot share the app and see this interaction working. So, I cannot really start working on this.

Could anyone let me know when is this supposed to start working, so I know if buying the license for PowerApps Plan 2 is or not viable for my company?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

Re: PowerApps Plan 2 not allowing to create a Database

@alexgbehavior - Good news! Your question was very timely as this feature rolled out today. Can you trying creating a DB in your default envrionment? If not, try again later as the changes may hit different regions at different times. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

@alexgbehavior I'm following up internally to see when DB's will be available in a default environment. If you have a P2 trial, you should be able to create a new env with a DB and share with other users in your company. This can be managed at admin.powerapps.com

Another option is creating a trial O365 tenant - It won't be linked to your corporate directory, but you'd be able to setup test user accounts to verify the functionality. The PowerApp and CDS customizations could be migrated to your company's tenant later. 

Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

@alexgbehavior - Good news! Your question was very timely as this feature rolled out today. Can you trying creating a DB in your default envrionment? If not, try again later as the changes may hit different regions at different times. 

View solution in original post

alexgbehavior

Hi @caburk

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I've been able to create the database in our default environment. I started working in my POC. Hopefully all works great! 🙂

WillSPR

@alexgbehavior  Where is this new change in the release notes? I can't seem to locate it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,425)