cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Portals vs O365 Public facing SharePoint site

I am wondering difference between Office 365 public facing website vs PowerApps Portal site.

As you know SharePoint Public facing site is no longer supported so does that mean by using this PowerApps Portal we can kind of create similar experience and it's open for all or external users.

Please share your view how PowerApps portals are different than O365 public facing website which was supported earlier.

Thanks , Keval

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The first and probably most important difference is that Office 365 public facing site had an anonymous access mode.  PowerApps portals can be shared with external users, but as fas as I know there is no anonymous access mode. In SharePoint you can share a site with an external user and the same is true of PowerApps Portals.  The key to PowerApps portals is that it provides a development model for extending customer portals in Dynamics 365 using PowerApps programming.  It is not a return to public facing sites.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can read more about the specifics of PowerApps portals here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-powerapps-portals-powerful-low-code-websites-...

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, PowerApps portals is designed to have public facing site. You can require logins etc. as well for some of it, but keep in mind that they will not be free to spin up like the SharePoint portal is. Check out this article: https://msdynamicsworld.com/story/microsoft-reveals-powerapps-portals-pricing-and-licensing-approach

Roughly 100 dollars per month for up to 100k views of your portal. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks fr your reply @Pstork1 

Actually powerapps also supports anonmyous access.

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I did see after I posted that PowerApps portals will support an anonymous access feature.  But when using anonymous access each page hit incurs a cost.  This was not true of the older Office 365 public sites. Anonymous Access is available, but I don't think the cost model is designed to support a true public facing web site.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,358)