cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

PowerApps Push Notifications limits

Hi,
Do we have any constraints about the number of recipients in PowerApps push notifications?
Are we limited in the number of PowerAutomate Flow runs to send push notifications?
Or are there any limits we need to consider before we design our solution?

I could not find any obvious limits in the documentation.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards

Max

8 REPLIES 8
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I don't think any specific no limitations their. But as you mention below you are using Power Automate for sending the push notifications. In that scenario, power automate have retrieve limit is 5000 record. 

For more information -
Please find below URL
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config

@VijayTailor 

I second the response of @MaxxPowerr.  No limits are applied to individual connectors.  However the PowerApps API has a limit of 2,000 calls across ALL connectors used during that day.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi @mdevaney 

Thanks for the reply

What if we have higher licenses? (E5 or PowerApps Plan 1 or 2)
Do this calls limits to apply to one individual account during the day?
Is each call regardless of the recipient's numbers? i.e if we send 10 push notifications and each time to 200 users is it considered 10 calls or 2000 calls?

Br
Max

Hi @VijayTailor ,
We can fix the recipient numbers using a JSON file or any other tricks to retrieve more than 5000 users.
My question is, if I design the solution for a giant company is it reliable and do all people (let's imagine at least 50,000 users up to 300,000 users) get the notification?
BR
Max

@MaxxPowerr 

I would assume anytime a user receives a push notification they are using the PowerApps API, but I truly do not know.

Its kind of a moot point though.  If you have 200 users that means you have 400,000 API calls per day.  2,000 calls on 400,000 available calls is only 0.5% daily consumption.  Not anything to worry about.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@MaxxPowerr  I agree with @mdevaney  . But if there is an automate working on the side then please check the connector limitation of the flow for any large solution you plan.

Hi Max, 

We can retrieve more then 5000 record using paging cookies. If you are using Datacsource as Dynamics365 or sharepoint. 

https://alextofan.com/2019/08/22/how-to-get-more-than-5000-item-from-sharepoint-online-in-flow/

Below urls help you 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/four-connector-action-settings/

@MaxxPowerr 
Can you please Accept my post as the Solution since @ajdhingr confirmed it to be correct?

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,895)