Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USSJona
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Screen Template

Good Afternoon,

A general question.

When adding a new screen, there is an option for portrait print or landscape print. how are these used ?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
LRVinNC
Super User
Super User

You can set the orientation for the app as a whole:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/set-aspect-ratio-portrait-landscape and can create your app to be responsive:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

You can alter the height and width of an individual screen, if necessary, although I have not found a need in my apps to do so.  If I create a dialog box, for example, I do it within a screen, not as a separate screen.

LRVinNC_0-1616866568926.png

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
USSJona
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but I am more interested in the print aspect, these screen templates are labeled as A4 Portrait Print (or Landscape).

Are these A4 Print screens designed for printing ? if so how is this accomplished ?

Thanks,

LRVinNC
Super User
Super User

Direct print support has always been one of the biggest limitation in Power Apps.  There any many blog posts on ways to print, depending on what you need to print and your skill level.  Most of my print needs have been either tabular data or email type notifications.  The emails are easily handled from within Power Apps, or if you prefer, Power Automate.  For the tabular data, I use Power BI for my reporting needs.  I put a button in my app that launches the Power BI report.  From Power BI, I can print as either a PPT or PDF.  

You can also invoke Power Automate to do your printing for you or, if you are more of a developer type, you can use a PCF component created by Yash Agarwal (see also April Dunham's video on using the PCF control).  There are also third party APIs available that can help with printing.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,012)