Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

PowerApps/SharePoint List permissions

Hi All,

I have a weird one here. I've got an app that works well ion itself. I've given users access to the App and Contribute access to the SharePoint list the app is connected too. However, when they submit the form, it's not updating the SP list, I've also tested if they can add an item direct to the SP list. They get the option to add a new item, but when they save it they get access denied?

Any ideas as everything I have read online suggests they just need Edit or Contribute rights to the SP list? I've also tested giving them view rights to the rest of the site but still no joy? However if I give them Full Control of the SP list, it all works fine!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Doddy83 ,

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please share a bit more about your Test Environment? Is it a Developer Environment or Sandbox Environment?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to Environment Level Permission, but I could not reproduce your issue on my side.

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Doddy83 

This is because of the contributor access, can you grant access to the users to be able to read and write?

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Doddy83 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to "Contribute" Access you assigned to your end users.

Actually, the PowerApps Canvas app inherits Data Access Permission from data source itself, so please make sure these end users could add a new record in your SP List directly, if they can, they would be able to submit new record via a canvas app to your SP List.

In default, if you assign a "Contributor" permission of your SP List to these end users, they would be able to add new items in your SP List directly. Please ask him to clear cache of their browser, then access your SP List again, add a new item, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider assign a "Edit" permission of your SP List to these end users, then try it again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-xida-msft & @chsanche ,

Sorry I didnt make it clear that we have also tried it with Edit rights to the list. this morning we have cleared browser cache and even tried a new browser but still geting access denied, even when adding direct to the list itself so not using the app.

The only difference to this list and all the other lists we use without issue is this list is on out Test SP page, whilst I cant see how this would cause a problem as permissions are being set the same. I'm going to move it all over to live today and test it there to see if that makes a difference. Whats really odd is giving Full Control of the list allows them to create items?

I'll write back if moving to the live SharePoint site makes a difference.

Many thanks for both replies.

Highlighted

Hi @Doddy83 ,

Based on the statement you mentioned above, I think this issue may be related to it. Have you taken a try or check if it is the issue on your side?

If you have any issues in your scenario, please let us know here.

Best regards,

Highlighted

Morning All,

So moving it over to our live environment solved the issue, I haven’t had time to go back and figure who why it wouldn’t work on the test environment. From what I can initially see there is no reason it shouldn’t, permissions are set the same but there must be a difference somewhere at a higher level.

Al always, thanks for the taking the time to respond.

Highlighted

Hi @Doddy83 ,

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please share a bit more about your Test Environment? Is it a Developer Environment or Sandbox Environment?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to Environment Level Permission, but I could not reproduce your issue on my side.

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Its just a separate SP site called test, so it's not a developer or sandbox environment or anything special like that. It was an odd one but I have worked around the issue so I'll mark it as resovled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,142)