cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps SharePoint Online form owner has lost access

Hi there,

I created a PowerApps form for a SharePoint list many weeks ago using the Customize Forms option on the list. Checking the form today, it seems I don't have access to it anymore. I can't create a new list item, or edit an existing one. When I try any of these options instead of the app I get a screen that says:

This app isn’t opening correctly

It looks like you don’t have access to this app. Ask its owner to share it with you.

When I request access through this screen I get an access request email to my own account.

If I try to open the form using the Customize Forms command, PowerApps studio opens up, it tries to load the form, but I then get an error popup with text similar to the warning above.

I checked my permissions and still have Full Control of the list and the site where it is housed. The only change made to the site between the form working and it stopping working was that I changed the URL of the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SeanHenderson Amazing, that worked. I was able to delete the hidden redirect site that had the old URL, and change the URL of the affected site back to this old URL. The PowerApp is working again. I think I'll hold off on trying to change the URL of the site again. But if I do change it and I can successfully reconfigure the SharePoint data source to point to the site with the new URL, I will post my results here. Thanks again for all of your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,946)