cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Optimus89

PowerApps Slow Performance

Hello Guys,

I am creating a multiform (tabbed form) application on a single screen. There are 5 forms where I am capturing data (around 100 fields), while there are other 10-12 View forms pulling data from SQL based on input data in main form. 

The issue I am facing is that the application is working really really slow, both in development mode as well as Play mode. 

What could be the possible reason? Can it be because of many forms on single screen?

And what is the resolution for the same.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Optimus89 

5 Forms will not slow down your app to any significant amount.

I would focus more on how you are colleting data and how much time that takes and then how you are connecting the forms together, submitting, etc. to determine where the bottleneck is.

I would highly recommend using the monitor tool in PowerApps to view what is really going on in the background to provide more information on what may be the issue.  You can also enable the developer mode in your browser to view data transactions and the times they take.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
mwbyrtie
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Issue with editor is still active.

If you have a similar issue, then please go and make some noise on this ticket here.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Slow-performance-in-Power-Apps-Studio-when-b...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,937)