cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manjotsingh057
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerApps Slow to Load

I tried to build a Power App for SharePoint List as well as SQL Server.

What i observed is the response is very slow. It's not smooth when loading data in data table.

By default it loads 500 items but in that also it takes time. Even clicking on button takes time to reflect and this happens when connected to data source. When you are not loading any data it works better. If you see the sample apps provided by microsoft, it works so smooth but in realty when connected to data sources like SharePoint or SQL it response time increases drastically and it adds to the users frustration. From my point of view, it's not user friendly at all. 

I check on desktop PowerApp and Mobile layout as well.

Anybody experience the same thing ?? How can this be improved ? Is there any best way to improve on this ?

12 REPLIES 12

As far as I know it is an error in the documentation.  There are comments on this at the bottom of the page you took the screensoht from and I reported this at least a year ago.

In any case, now that we have the possibility of using views, delegation is not quite so much of an issue as it was back then.

Ok. Thanks @Meneghino

Let me try with Views. Thank you for you help here.

@Meneghino

Actually I am dealing here with On Premise SQL so i think SQL Query action does not work for On-Prem SQL.

Please correct me if i am wrong ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,948)