cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarrinerDev
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps Studio version errors

Wondering if anyone can shed light on a studio editor problem we're having with a fairly complex app whereby screens are corrupted as per the images below. This happened one day last week whereby the app was saved after a simple change on one screen (just added a few static labels) and then when it was opened again in the editor the next morning, most of the screens are drawn incorrectly. This happens on multiple browsers on multiple machines. The other apps we have are not exhibiting the problem (but are much smaller). It doesn't happen at runtime for users, only in the editor.

The Microsoft support tech suggested going to File->Account->Support and changing the authoring version to match the version shown in the "Versions" list.

It seems odd this should happen out of the blue and the tech had no idea why, but had said this fixed it for another customer. 

It keeps on happening and the "fix" (i.e. kludge) is not a sustainable way of resolving the issue.

Many thanks for any advice about what is actually going on behind the scenes (e.g. server-side caching error of pre-compiled app) and what will resolve it permanently (e.g. MS release a new studio version which fixes their bug).

Version historyVersion historyCorrupt rendering of screen in editorCorrupt rendering of screen in editorCorrupt rendering of home screen in editorCorrupt rendering of home screen in editorMS suggested "fix"MS suggested "fix"

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @MarrinerDev ,

Yes - I have been rolling back to 92.24 for over a week until this is resolved. It is the first time in three years I have needed to do it, but it is very annoying. I did a post on this earlier.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

@WarrenBelz , Can you try following work around? Open your app and turn on below setting under retired section. Save your app and reopen it. 

ShantanuP_0-1635529957542.png

Here are more details

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/app-startscreen-a-new-declarative-alternative-to-navigate...

HI @ShantanuP ,

Thank you for the note - I have needed to deal with the new StartScreen on another app that had conditional deep linking and needed some updating - it accepted the code on the incoming parameters, but has not been tested in the field yet.

I am a little confused why this is relevant to 94.25 (which caused all the issues), but am currently hoping the later versions will see the issues go away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,112)