Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_G
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps Sum 2 Columns of 2 diferent lists in sharepoint

Hi, I have 3 lists in sharepoint: test1, test2, test2
In the lists: test2 and test3, I have a calculated field, which contain values from other columns in each list.
Field name: "totalped1" for the list test2 -> the first record 60,000 has this value
Field name: "totalped2" for the test3 list -> the first record 60,000 has this value
I have a gallery in PowerApps where I want to add the values of both columns, I tried to do this formula: Sum ([@ test2], totalped1) + Sum ([@ test3], totalped2) but it does not add is not correct. It should be 120,000 and it tells me another value.

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Rob_G ,

Beware of calculated SharePoint field when you do anything other than displaying them.

I suggest you simply do the same calculation in Power Apps using the same data columns.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the advice,
Sorry but I'm confused, I would like Share Point or PowerApps to do this:

List 2 (Field1 + Field2) = Total Fields List2
List 3 (Field3 + Field4) = Total Fields List3

List 1 = Total Fields List2 + Total Fields List3

How can I do the powerapps, if I have a gallery with the DB List1?

I have a field in list1 in which I want to do this.

Another thing I can think of is to use a formula in list1 and add each column of each list. Example:

field_list1 = list2, (value1 + value2) + list3, (value3 + value4)

PS: This is not a formula, it is just to illustrate what I wish I could do.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rob_G ,

What is the relationship between List1 and List2&List3?  Because in general, there should be a common column among three lists as index to know which item to retrieve data for calculation.

For example: the common column is ID field,

The summary label in List1 Gallery should have the following formula:

LookUp(List2, ID=ThisItem.ID).'Total Fields List2' + LookUp(List3, ID=ThisItem.ID).'Total Fields List3'

In addition, the mistake for your try is that Sum() function is to sum the field value for all record in the list, rather than the first record you thought.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,688)