cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

PowerApps Super annoying Form resizing

Hi,

Sometimes when I am working with forms, powerapps starts behaving abnormally. The fields get auto resized and don't allow to move/arrange them. I have captured the entire thing in a video.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

To bring it back to normal, I have to reduce the size of many fields and once they are in the same line (desired), I need to resize them using width property. Please note it doesn't allow me to move/rearrange them using my mouse. 

My work has come to a standstill and it's very irritating. Please help.

Regards,

Aakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AakashJaiswal 

Hmmm, not sure what else to tell you.  I can say that Edit Fields is by far the best way to move them around in their order.

Other considerations:

1) Turn of snap to columns

2) Set your Columns count higher or lower.

3) Last resort...delete the Form and add a new one.

I do hope one of those options helps you (and not the last one if you can help it).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@AakashJaiswal 

The forms designer is a little flaky at times.

Sometimes it helps to save, close and come back in.  Sometimes even the close of the browser.

I would recommend rearranging your datacards through the "Edit Fields" in the Property Pane of the EditForm rather than trying any other way.

Also, sometimes you have to enter Widths manually to get things to respond.

One other last ditch effort is to select the entire EditForm, then Ctrl-X it (cut it) and then Ctrl-C it (Paste it) back in.  This sometimes "kicks" the designer back into behaving properly.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Thanks @RandyHayes  for your prompt response but nothing is working. I even restarted my PC but the form is still flaky. not even cutting and pasting worked. it's not easy working with cards through edit fields option.

My work is at standstill.

@AakashJaiswal 

Hmmm, not sure what else to tell you.  I can say that Edit Fields is by far the best way to move them around in their order.

Other considerations:

1) Turn of snap to columns

2) Set your Columns count higher or lower.

3) Last resort...delete the Form and add a new one.

I do hope one of those options helps you (and not the last one if you can help it).

View solution in original post

Turning off snap to columns did the job. Thanks @RandyHayes !

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,001)