cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

PowerApps Teams and Project Oakdale : How to access to the Table with Power-Bi or Excel ?

Hello,

PowerApps Teams and Project Oakdale are new in my tenant but we are already working on new apps.

My question is how to read the Tabel data with Excel or Power-Bi ?

With regular CDS, I can do it with the dynamics link but I am not able to find the URL for Teams CDS.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

That's a great question, and I found your post because I'm wondering about the same thing.  I love the idea of being able to use PowerApps within Teams to create the data, but we'll definitely want to get that data out and into other Power BI reports.  

Highlighted

Hi. This is a critical feature. I've been searching but cannot find any definitive answer. Will Project Oakdale be able to connect to Power BI or will we need to up the licence?

Highlighted

Any updates to this? Have you guys been able to get the URL to connect to PowerBI or Excel?

Highlighted

Hello all,

I agree with you all. Having the ability to use Power BI with CDS Project Oakdale is a must. I was able to get the URL from the output of a Flow, but even using the URL in Power BI didn't wield any results. I ended up raising a ticket with the Microsoft Premier Support Team. The Support Engineer looked into this and said the following:

• It's currently not available to connect CDS Project Oakdale with Power BI
  • And they couldn't see it on the roadmap

They suggested to create an idea for this request. Which I've done. So feel free to vote it up if you want this functionality. Here's the URL

Thanks very much, and let's hope this gets implemented soon.

Garry

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

There's a bit of a workaround I've found that's easy enough, using Power Automate. Been working for me so far, hope this helps: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/connecting-your-cds-liteproject-oakdale-microsoft-teams-elijah/ 

Highlighted

@rishona thanks so much! Great work. This worked for me.

Highlighted

Nice hack ^^

Highlighted

This is excellent! Thank you!

Highlighted

It looks like Microsoft now has documentation on how to get data out of Dataverse for Teams (formerly known as Project Oakdale) using Power BI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/view-table-data-power-bi.  

Hope that helps someone else who may be looking for this info. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,612)