cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Toggle is default off

Hi Everyone, I am very new to Power Apps and creating forms. I am building a very basic form where user will either toggle it yes or no. I want the toggle to be default off, however in my form, the default is always on.

In Power Apps, the default toggle position is off, but when i run my form on, the toggle is on. 

How Can I have it default to off for the users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: PowerApps Toggle is default off

@dshafique95
Your can set the OnNew property for the SharePoint integration to:

NewForm(SharePointIntegration)

And the default value for each item to
ThisItem.FieldName

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@dshafique95 

Put this code in the Default property of the toggle.

false

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I made it to false, now my form won't open and keeps spinning lol

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@dshafique95 

Can you supply a screenshot or GIF of the problem?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Put this code in the Default property of the toggle.: Off

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @mdevaney Attached is how it looks on powerApps. sorry Was having issues with uploading a picture for some reason

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It won't let me attach more than one pic, so sorry for the extra posts. Attached is how the form looks when I actually edit it

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I get this error when I toggle it to Off. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@dshafique95 

Based on your picture I think my original suggestion to make Default false was good.  I'm not sure what you mean by "spinning".  There have been problems with the PowerApps service for the past week so its possible there's an unrelated issue.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I think it might have been a glitch then yesterday, where it kept spinning. I set the default property to false, and now all the new forms show it as off. 

A new thing that popped up now is when I edit an existing line item, something that is a "yes" is set to "no" in the form. 

See the attached screenshot. The bottom row shows yes for the first 3 columns, however, in the form the toggle is off. 

I'm struggling to make the toggle default at off, but match whatever the line item has when editing.

Sorry for constantly bothering you

thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,053)