Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnthonyPhan
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

PowerApps - Unable to Export Package

Hi,

I am trying to export/download my app but I am recieving an error messege:

The provided flow '6af5f189-929f-49f7-80b6-54d8e3c2e416' has been deleted.

image.pngimage.png

12 REPLIES 12

Hey, I think the solution I described on my blog can help you: https://poszytek.eu/en/microsoft-en/office-365-en/powerapps-en/powerapps-export-fails-due-to-missing....

Basically I found no easier way if the related flow is already deleted and it's reference from PowerApps is removed as well and therefore there is no way to "remove it from the app".

I hope you find this helpful. If solves your issue, you can mark it as correct answer.

Regards,
Tomasz

@TomaszPoszytek thank you your article solved it for me. Very detailed and incredibly helpful, thank you.

sgregory
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here are the steps I used to solve this issue. It was a pain to do... I had to actually get Microsoft involved to solve this.

Step 1: Within PowerApps, export the application (I would have removed all data sources, since those could easily be reconnected later which is done at a later step.)

Step 2: Within PowerApps, go to each place in the code where Flows is called at then copy the code into a OneNote or Word document.

You will need to add these back in Step 15.

NOTE: When you add the Flows back it will delete the code. So you will need to save the code beforehand.

Step 3: In the file directory, rename the file from. MSAPP to .ZIP

Example: STASCMProjectTrackerApp20200605.msapp to STASCMProjectTrackerApp20200605.zip

NOTE: STASCMProjectTrackerApp20200605 is the name of the folder

Step 4: In the file directory, un-zip the file into a folder where the path does not have any spaces in it. Example: C:\Temp\

Step 5: In the file directory, find the Properties.Json file and open it up in NotePad.

Step 6: In the file directory, delete everything between "LocalConnectionReferences" and "LocalDatabaseReferences" leaving this instead "LocalConnectionReferences":"{}","LocalDatabaseReferences":"{}",

NOTE: All connection information between Flows and the Data Sources will be deleted. You will add it back in Steps 12, 13, and 14

Step 7: In the file directory, save the file

Step 8: Within PowerShell, go to the directory where the folder is located. The directory must not have any spaces in the path name.

Example: cd C:\temp\STASCMProjectTrackerApp20200605

Step 9: Within PowerShell, re-compress the folder into a new name

Example: C:\temp\STASCMProjectTrackerApp20200605> Compress-Archive -Path .\* -DestinationPath .\STACCMProjectTrackerApp20200605Mod.zip

NOTE: STACCMProjectTrackerApp20200605Mod is the new folder name

Step 10: In the file directory, re-name the compressed folder back to .MSAPP

Example: STACCMProjectTrackerApp20200605Mod.zip to STACCMProjectTrackerApp20200605Mod.msapp

Step 11: Within PowerApps, create a new application with a different name or you can use the existing application then upload the new folder: STACCMProjectTrackerApp20200605Mod.msapp

Step 12: Within PowerApps, remove all connected data sources and flows from the application.

Step 13: Within PowerApps, reconnect all data sources back to the application.

Step 14: Within PowerApps, add the Flows back to the application where it is called at which will delete the code then paste the code back in. Do this for each Flow that is called.

Step 15: Within PowerApps, save the application.

Step 16: Within PowerApps, test - close / re-open the application to see if you are still getting orphan connections. Check to see if the orphan flows still exist or not. Check to see if you can play the application. Check to see if you can publish and share the application. See if the shared user can open and play the application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,584)