cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aiweller
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Won't login on Android Device

Hi,

I have a Huawei Y7 Prime (Android version 7.0). When I launch PowerAppsI get the sign in screen. However, when I click on "Sign in", nothing happens, except there is an error saying "Sign in with your work or school email account". I've updated the app from app store many times, even deleted the cache and data and uninstalling PowerApps, still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

18 REPLIES 18

Hey @PowerSal,

I'm still investigating your log-in issue, but I might be able to give you a work around in the interim. From the screenshot you provided, my coworkers and I believe that you've got an authenticator installed (which is why you see the "Sign in" button).

You could try uninstalling the authenticator and using the e-mail based sign in instead.

Let me know if that work around ends up getting you unstuck, or if my assumptions were wrong,

Maxwell

Dear @Maxwell

Yes, you're right.

I have the Microsoft Authenticator as I have two-factor identification enabled on my private O365 account.

I will uninstall the app during today, to see if this helps.

But I have to install it again, as I need it.

Anyway we will see if this helps.

Regards

Salvatore

Dear @Maxwell

Yesterday I managed to uninstall the Mocrosoft Authenticator and I was able to log in in PowerApps and PowerBI with my work account.

After I logged in, I reinstalled the Microsoft Authenticator and I'm still a able to work in PowerApps and PowerBI.

In this case my problem is solved and you know that it was caused by the Microsoft Authenticator 🙂

Thank you for your support

Regards

Salvatore

@Salvatore,

I'm glad that we could get you unstuck and able to log in!

I appreciate your patience while we working together,

Maxwell

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just run into the same issue, has been working fine for months, today I'm trying to test a PowerApp I'm building for a customer on my phone and it gives the same behaviour/error message mentioned in this thread.

Device: Samsung S9+

Android OS: V9

PowerApp Version: 3.19013.15

The main difference for me is that my phone was updated to Android V9 about a week ago.

This is impacting our ability to test and also confidence that the app will work for everyone when it is released to Production. Hopefully a solution is identified soon, I'm happy to provide any other info if required.

Hi @Anonymous,

I am happy to assit you on this issue. Can you please provide the session id so we can have more investigation on it ?

Joe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi joema,

I actually got it working this morning, the steps I followed were:

1. Clear app data/cache, no change

2. Update app to latest version, no change

3. Unistall app and reinstall, no change

4. Go to Accounts area in Android settings and remove work account, this worked

Once I removed the account, the next time I ran the app I got prompted to enter my credentials (where previously I was getting the error mentioned), then it logged in successfully.

Incidently I found I also had a similar issue with the Outlook app (emails were no longer loading) and this fixed that as well.

In my case my guess is that the Android version upgrade messed things up somehow.

But all working now, hopefully this helps someone.

View solution in original post

Glad to hear that. Please don't hestiate to post the issue here if it happens again.

I had the exact same issue. Removing the microsoft authenticator allowed me to login using my work username/password. After that i could reinstall microsoft authenticator again and i can continue to use powerapps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,900)