cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Won't login on Android Device

Hi,

I have a Huawei Y7 Prime (Android version 7.0). When I launch PowerAppsI get the sign in screen. However, when I click on "Sign in", nothing happens, except there is an error saying "Sign in with your work or school email account". I've updated the app from app store many times, even deleted the cache and data and uninstalling PowerApps, still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: PowerApps Won't login on Android Device

Hi joema,

I actually got it working this morning, the steps I followed were:

1. Clear app data/cache, no change

2. Update app to latest version, no change

3. Unistall app and reinstall, no change

4. Go to Accounts area in Android settings and remove work account, this worked

Once I removed the account, the next time I ran the app I got prompted to enter my credentials (where previously I was getting the error mentioned), then it logged in successfully.

Incidently I found I also had a similar issue with the Outlook app (emails were no longer loading) and this fixed that as well.

In my case my guess is that the Android version upgrade messed things up somehow.

But all working now, hopefully this helps someone.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aiweller,

Does this issue only happen on this device? Would you please try with other mobiles to have a test? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mona,

Thanks for the reply.. Seems it only happens on this device. It used to work previously. Only stopped working about a month ago.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you end up finding a solution? I have this very same problem. Even removing the app and reinstalling does not work.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous,

Still having the issue. I am using another mobile phone now (VIVO) and seems to be working fine on it. Am quite worried to launch PowerApps to end users as I'm not confident the app would work on their mobile devices.

Highlighted

I have the same issue on my Phone.

Is there any solution for this?

Regards

Salvatore

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PowerSal,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues logging into PowerApps on your phone. Can you provide me with some more information about the device you're experiencing the log-in issue on?

If you can provide me with the model of the phone, the version of the OS running on the phone and the version of PowerApps you are using, that will help me troubleshoot your log-in issue.

In the meantime, you could try using the web-version of PowerApps. You can access it, using any browser, by going to web.powerapps.com.

Thanks,

Maxwell

Highlighted

Hi @Maxwell

I have a Honor 8 (Huawei Clone, Model numkber FRD-09) Smartphone with Android 7.0 (EMUI Version 5.0.3, Build Number FRD-L09C432B412).

I tried to use PowerApps (Version 3.18124.25) and PowerBI (Version 2.2.190109.112411). I'm not able to authenticate with my work account on both Apps (Different error messages).

SharePoint and OneDrive are working on the Smartphone.

I tried these Apps on my Samsung Tablet (Tab A6) with Android Verion 8.1.0 and Samsung experience version 9.5 as well.

On this device all apps (including Flow, Planner and Teams) are working without issues.

for instance, Power BI detects that I'm connected to the same tenat with another App and connects immediately.

I suppose that's a problem with the Smartphone OS.

I was not able to find a setting to fix this issue so far.

Thank you for your support.

Regards

Salvatore

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PowerSal,

I wanted to clarify a couple of things:

1. Do you know what version of PowerApps you have installed on your Honor 8?
  2. On your Samsung Tablet, were you able to log into PowerApps?
  3. Is the version of PowerApps installed on your Samsung Tablet the same as on your Honor 8?

Thanks for your help and patience in this matter,

Maxwell

Highlighted

On both devices I have the same version of PowerApps: 3.18124.25

Today I got a newer Version of PowerApps on my Honor Smartphone (3.19012.19) but I have still the same issue.

When I start PowerApps the button for Sign In appears. When I tap on it I get an error (see Attachment)

I'm not sure how exactly I logged in on my Tablet. But I think it worked seamlessly after I logged in on another app on the same device.

I hope this helps to find a solution.

Best regards

Salvatore

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,192)