cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mogulman
Level 8

Re: PowerApps & Chrome - Blurr

When I have this type of problem I look at CSS.

Edge Text

Edge.png

Chrome Text

Chrome.png

Edge CSS

EdgeCSS.png

Chrome CSS

ChromeCSS.png

As you can see Edge CSS explicitely sets alpha value to 100%.  Chrome CSS doesn't set it.  I'm not sure what the default level is.  I suspect it is not 100%.  It looks faded to me.     

View solution in original post

Interlock
Level: Powered On

My goodness, this was a revelation to me!  I've pretty much been using Chrome exclusively with PowerApps, so had no idea that using a different browser would help.  But it does - Firefox renders the UI so much sharper than Chrome!  Disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome as recommended by @dods did the trick for me too - thanks.

That said, PowerApps is the only platform I've encountered that has this problem in Chrome...

PhilD
Level 8

Same issue here... apps designed only for desktop use (with smaller text, etc.) are very noticeably blurry in Chrome but look nice and sharp in IE.

LeMan

This is a HUGE problem. MS stuff, can you please respond what is causing this? So please reply, we want to know.

PhilD
Level 8

Because this literally makes their platform look bad in the world's most popular browser, one would think they would want to address this in a meaningful way.
Interlock

...and presumably when Microsoft Edge switches to using Chromium as its rendering engine "under the hood", it may well end up with the same problem!

LeMan

@v-xida-msft, what's going on? Robot Indifferent

Power Apps Staff _Corey_
Power Apps Staff

@mogulman @Interlock @PhilD @LeMan Blurry fonts in Chrome is a known issue when GPU rendering is enabled and multiple GPU compositing layers are created via CSS properties like transform, etc.  In some cases, adding (or removing) an additional compositing layer underneath the text layer can help alleviate the blurriness.  

In the current situation, a recent optimization removed one of these GPU compositing layers from underneath the text layer and has caused a regression in the level of blurriness.  A fix has already been identified and is expected to be deployed worldwide by end of next week.  I will post an update to this thread when the deployment is complete.

Power Apps Staff _Corey_
Power Apps Staff

@mogulman @Interlock @PhilD @LeMan The fix for blurry fonts in Chrome has been deployed worldwide with release 3.19012.  Please edit and republish your apps for the changes to take effect.

Interlock

I made a change to an app, saved and published it, and verified that the Live version of my app is now 3.19012.19.  But alas, I'm not seeing any improvement on the blurry fonts in Chrome.

Capture.PNG

The one on the left is from Chrome, and the one on the right from Edge.

Would be interested to hear how others are finding it on the new version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,492)