cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skwan

PowerApps & Power BI: PowerBIDataIntegration.Data Value in New Form

Hi,

I am trying to develop a PowerApp to embed in Power BI. In the Power BI it is display a user's data.  In the PowerApp I want to have a form to allow users to submit changes they would like to make about their data via creating an item in a SharePoint list and passing the value selected in the Power BI as a value in a field of the SharePoint list.

Is there a way to convert the value from the PowerBI Integration from table to text? Below is an example of what I am trying to accomplish:

If(Form1.Mode = New,(Patch('Submissions', {ID: Blank()}, Form1.Updates, { Name: [@PowerBIIntegration].Data.Name)); SubmitForm(Form1); Navigate(Screen3)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skwan ,

Firstly, please note that the right syntax of Patch function shoule be:

Patch(tablename,Defaults(tablename),{.....})   //create a new record

Patch(tablename,one item,{....})  //edit an existing record 

Secondly,the formula that you use:

{ID: Blank()}, Form1.Updates, { Name: [@PowerBIIntegration].Data.Name

This can not represent a record. A record shoule be like this: {field1:....,field2:.....,field3:....}

I suggest you try this:

If(Form1.Mode = New,
ClearCollect(test,AddColumns(Form1.Updates,"ID", Blank(),"Name",First([@PowerBIIntegration].Data).Name))
); //create a collection with the data of Form1,ID and Name, use First(table).fieldname could result a value
Collect('Submissions',test); //user this collection to update
Navigate(Screen3)

Here's a doc about Patch, I think maybe you need to know more about it :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @skwan 

[@PowerBIIntegration].Data always returns a collection 

First([@PowerBIIntegration].Data).Name - will give you the first value from Power BI connection

If user selects 1 item in Power BI then First([@PowerBIIntegration].Data) will give you that item

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skwan ,

Firstly, please note that the right syntax of Patch function shoule be:

Patch(tablename,Defaults(tablename),{.....})   //create a new record

Patch(tablename,one item,{....})  //edit an existing record 

Secondly,the formula that you use:

{ID: Blank()}, Form1.Updates, { Name: [@PowerBIIntegration].Data.Name

This can not represent a record. A record shoule be like this: {field1:....,field2:.....,field3:....}

I suggest you try this:

If(Form1.Mode = New,
ClearCollect(test,AddColumns(Form1.Updates,"ID", Blank(),"Name",First([@PowerBIIntegration].Data).Name))
); //create a collection with the data of Form1,ID and Name, use First(table).fieldname could result a value
Collect('Submissions',test); //user this collection to update
Navigate(Screen3)

Here's a doc about Patch, I think maybe you need to know more about it :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dkarmoha

Hi,

when I try to connect a data table from Dataverse which has a column (multi-select dropdown) and try to display the column in PowerBI, I can see that it's fetching only the IDs (eg. 11690001,11690002) and not the string values. I even tried using DirectQuery. Please suggest a way to resolve this.

dkarmoha_0-1656396342326.pngdkarmoha_1-1656396357640.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,393)