cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxsnow
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps and Azure SQL Data Warehouse

Hi Guys

I am trying to insert records into Azure SQL Data Warehouse using Collect function, and getting following error "The first argument of 'Collect' should be a collection".

Do you know what could be the reason? Is it because Azure DW does not support primary keys?

Regards,

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, strategery

Yes, it looks like the actual problem is primary key.

Unfortunatelly, primary key is Unsupported table feature in Azure SQL Data Warehouse.

So, it looks like PowerApps can read but can't write data into Azure DW.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
strategery
Resolver II
Resolver II

I do believe 'Collect' is only usable for local collections within the app.  I have had issues as of late using the 'Patch' function if you find my other post here, but it is supposed to work. Other option may be to create an 'Edit' form.

Thanks for the reply. With Patch it gives the same error:

image.png

Interestingly, it works OK with Azure SQL Database, but not with Azure SQL Data Warehouse

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @maxsnow, please report this by raising a ticket.  Both Collect and Patch should work with external data sources.

_.JPG

Well I was having this same issue and figured it out after reading your post. I dropped the primary key on the table that was giving me issues because our requirements changed, never thought much about it. I just re-created my table with a primary key and everything works again

Thanks, strategery

Yes, it looks like the actual problem is primary key.

Unfortunatelly, primary key is Unsupported table feature in Azure SQL Data Warehouse.

So, it looks like PowerApps can read but can't write data into Azure DW.

View solution in original post

Edit: Nevermind, I don't see Azure DW in Flow.

My app has some things I want verification of the data, and others I just send straight to SQL.  For the verified data, I actually send it to SharePoint as a buffer for when the SQL server is down. Once the data is verified between PowerApps and SharePoint by comparison, I update a "Verified" field in the SharePoint record. Using Flow, I check for created/modified records in the SharePoint list and push it to SQL. That may be a workaround for you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,575)