cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxsnow
Level: Powered On

PowerApps and Azure SQL Data Warehouse

Hi Guys

I am trying to insert records into Azure SQL Data Warehouse using Collect function, and getting following error "The first argument of 'Collect' should be a collection".

Do you know what could be the reason? Is it because Azure DW does not support primary keys?

Regards,

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
maxsnow

Re: PowerApps and Azure SQL Data Warehouse

Thanks, strategery

Yes, it looks like the actual problem is primary key.

Unfortunatelly, primary key is Unsupported table feature in Azure SQL Data Warehouse.

So, it looks like PowerApps can read but can't write data into Azure DW.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
strategery
Level 8

I do believe 'Collect' is only usable for local collections within the app.  I have had issues as of late using the 'Patch' function if you find my other post here, but it is supposed to work. Other option may be to create an 'Edit' form.

maxsnow

Thanks for the reply. With Patch it gives the same error:

image.png

Interestingly, it works OK with Azure SQL Database, but not with Azure SQL Data Warehouse

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @maxsnow, please report this by raising a ticket.  Both Collect and Patch should work with external data sources.

_.JPG

strategery
Level 8

Well I was having this same issue and figured it out after reading your post. I dropped the primary key on the table that was giving me issues because our requirements changed, never thought much about it. I just re-created my table with a primary key and everything works again

maxsnow

Thanks, strategery

Yes, it looks like the actual problem is primary key.

Unfortunatelly, primary key is Unsupported table feature in Azure SQL Data Warehouse.

So, it looks like PowerApps can read but can't write data into Azure DW.

View solution in original post

strategery
Level 8

Edit: Nevermind, I don't see Azure DW in Flow.

My app has some things I want verification of the data, and others I just send straight to SQL.  For the verified data, I actually send it to SharePoint as a buffer for when the SQL server is down. Once the data is verified between PowerApps and SharePoint by comparison, I update a "Verified" field in the SharePoint record. Using Flow, I check for created/modified records in the SharePoint list and push it to SQL. That may be a workaround for you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,590)