cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PowerApps and Flow removed from Government tenants?

We just lost our Powerapps and Flow from our Government tenant.  Has this feature been removed? According to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt774581.aspx#Platform features, Powerapps and Flow are not supported in the Government cloud.  We still can access the Powerapps from our phones, but get a you are not authorized message from the online portal.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: PowerApps and Flow removed from Government tenants?

FYI, PowerApps recently showed back up in our government tenant.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Here is an update.  After working with Office 365 support, we discovered that an update was done to PowerApps around July 27, which probably caused a refresh of the information for out tenant, namely that it was a Government one.  Office 365 support said this was not a technical issue, but a licensing one.  We worked with our regional Microsoft rep for Dynamics, and he was able to get the licenses we purchased to work with our tenant.   Also, as silas_aquarius stated, we also had PowerApps recently appear in our Government tenant for the general user population.  As far as we are concerned, this issue has been resolved.  Thanks to Mable and Silas for your replies.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi bgkilian,

Thanks for providing documentation.

According to the two documentations about PowerApps Pricing and Microsoft Flow Pricing, we know that Office 365 Government is not supporting PowerApps and Flow.

Please check the two documentations at here:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

About this issue that why you are able to access the PowerApps from your tenant but not able to access it from the online portal, please consider to open a support ticket. You will get the most qualified pool of respondents from there.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

FYI, PowerApps recently showed back up in our government tenant.

Highlighted

Here is an update.  After working with Office 365 support, we discovered that an update was done to PowerApps around July 27, which probably caused a refresh of the information for out tenant, namely that it was a Government one.  Office 365 support said this was not a technical issue, but a licensing one.  We worked with our regional Microsoft rep for Dynamics, and he was able to get the licenses we purchased to work with our tenant.   Also, as silas_aquarius stated, we also had PowerApps recently appear in our Government tenant for the general user population.  As far as we are concerned, this issue has been resolved.  Thanks to Mable and Silas for your replies.

Highlighted

I'm in Michigan and we do not have it. Do other states or other units of government?
Highlighted

We have worked with the MS Dynamics folks to get PowerApps enabled for us.  I believe we just had to agree to certain terms.

Highlighted

We have PowerApps running at government and licensed PowerApps Plan 2.    We developed many great apps but can not use them.

Microsoft has failed to notify their own trainers and Government Users that they can NOT use [On-Premsies Data Gateway] to access our own SQL Server (2016) on our own secure network.

We have a .com domain name for all of our emails.

We can install the PowerApps On-Premises Data Gateway on the SQL Server 2016 - but PowerApps can NOT see it.

It is not a FireWall or Permissions issue.  

Highlighted

I have a government client in Colorado.

They have a PowerApps Plan 2 license.

PowerApps and FLow are working - BUT PowerApps can NOT see the [On-Premises Data Gateway] that we installed.

This is not a frewall or permissions issue.   MS advised us this week that Government users can not use [On-Premises Data Gateway].   Our goernment client wants to access their own data in SQL Server on their own secure network.  This is crazy.

Highlighted

Thanks for taking the time to post here! I had heard somewhere that in the fourth quarter of this year it would be coming
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really appreciate you taking the time to post this! Did your Microsoft rep confirm this? I'm wondering who I need to contact at MS to do the same for me, so I can take the answer to upper management. This is a HUGE limitation!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,888)