cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdaf
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps and SP permissions

I have a sharepoint list and document library which powerapps users contribute to. The document library has unique permissions. 

As I do not want users to access anything on the SP site I created a custom permission level based on Contribute and unticked view application pages. 

However for some reason this is affecting lookup permissions on the App. Users can create a new list item but when they re-enter the App they can no longer edit the list item they previously created. I thought this permission level would allow users to use the App as normal?

please help 

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @asdaf ,

I use exactly the same permission level on over 100 field users and have never had any issues reading or writing data. Contribute is designed for full reading and writing permissions. What are the permission differences between the list and the library?

I cannot understand it.  The document library only has some groups assigned to view 

@asdaf ,

Try giving a user the same permissions (as the list) on the Library and see if the issue goes away.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

They already have the same permission level (contribute minus view application pages 

@asdaf ,

You are correct in that if the user has Contribute access to all lists, there is no reason they cannot write to all of these. An obvious question, but is something in Power Apps making these control read-only?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,534)