cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

PowerApps and SharePoint Permissions

I am currently having an issue with only certain users submitting complete data. Oddly enough site owners and site members can submit a form with all required fields and attachments- no issue. Except for the site members under the added name "everyone expect external users" . This is where the data in SP is missing, blank or includes just attachements. It does assign a ID and creates a created by log.   

As I am troubling shooting this error I am wondering if anyone has experienced this as well?

My current thoughts are could this be a ..

• Patch code error on the PowerApp side?
  • Permission level in PowerApp and SharePoint?
  • Or just Permission level SharePoint? 

I apprecaite any suggestions that I should try to troubleshoot the issue.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps and SharePoint Permissions

Hi @WRD381,

What is the Permission Levels included for the group "everyone expect external users"? You could check the permission levels for this group from List settings > Permissions for this list:

Capture.JPG

You could let these users try to access SharePoint list from web directly and then select Quick edit to add new items directly through SharePoint list and see if they could save the item by this way. If they could save it successfully, then the issue is from PowerApps side. But if they couldn't save it through Quick edit, then the issue is related to the permission setting from SharePoint list side.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,283)