Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerApps attachment control - Large file upload

Hi

I'm working on a canvas PowerApps dashboard to allow users to upload files to a Azure file storage. Users should have the ability to select multiple files. The no. of files to be uploaded is quite large, could be in hundreds. The file size is also quite high, could be upto 250MB.

I've tried using the SharePoint file attachment control as shown in this link (https://officepoweruser.com/upload-a-file-to-sharepoint-in-power-apps/ ), however this has severe limitations. It doesn't allow multiple file select, max. file size is only 10MB.

Anyone has built an attachment control for PowerApps which can handle large volumes?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Rajesh 

This idea to increase the limit for the file that can be uploaded was posted back in 2018, you can check on the link below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/PowerApps-Attachments-to-SharePoint-lists-size-...

One of the last comments were from a Microsoft  Employee informing that the limit can be set now to 50MB but still that is far away from the 250MB needed.

"This is now configurable on the Power Apps control up to 50MB.  It still defaults to 10MB, but you can click on the Attachments box on the control and the maximum number of attachments and maximum size are two options you can set."

I would also recommend you to go this idea and comment and vote for it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,405)