cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

PowerApps canvas app - send email to different users

I have a PowerApp Canvas app (form) linked to SPO list.

With Section A and Section B, I have around 3 user fields in the form.

For the 1st user they are the person completing the form, I would like a copy of the form sent to them.

2nd user is the supervisor, they need to approve the form.

If the 2nd user approves the form it will then need to go to the 3rd person to complete Section B.

3rd user can decline to complete the form if they are not the correct person, so the form needs to go back to 1st/2nd user.

How do I do this please, need a beginners guide, I understand this is achieved with Flow (PowerAutomate) but need help setting up the scenarios.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @G99 ,

To send the email to first user, you can use Office 365 Outlook connector in PowerApps, and achieve this directly in PowerApps. 

Office365.SendEmail(EmailAddress,Subject,Body)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-office365-outloo...

The rest part could be achieved from starting a flow from PowerApps. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-monli-msft 

On my form, I have the following on the submit button SubmitForm(Form1)

If I then add:

SubmitForm(Form1);Office365.SendEmail(Datacardvalue10,Subject,Body)

This doesn't work

When the user completes the form I need a way for it to save to SPO and also send an email to the person completing the form. Then of course I'd like

Hi @v-monli-msft 

I've managed to use the following Fx to send an email to the user completing the form:

SubmitForm(Form1); Office365Outlook.SendEmail(DataCardValue10.Selected.Email,"Test Subject", "Test Body")

My issue is The email does not provide a link to the form they have just completed, is this possible via PowerApps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,944)