cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

PowerApps create all day event in SharePoint Calendar

I have a PowerApp that is used to submit our company paid holidays to be used in other places like creating importable ics files.

We want to also use it to populate either a SharePoint list or SharePoint calendar that can be used to display those company holidays in our intranet. 

The issue I am running into with either a custom list with a calendar view or with an actual SP calendar is the all day event scenario.   In the SharePoint list I have set the Date column (this is the column I am using for the start and end date) to 'Date Only', but in the calendar view it is showing a random start and end time which we don't want to see.

In the SharePoint calendar there is an 'All Day event' setting that hides those times but there doesn't seem to be a way to set that from PowerApps.

All we want to see in the Calendar is the name of the Holiday unless we have specified that it's a half day and then we just want to see the words 'Half Day' because the times for a half day will depend on peoples schedules.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps create all day event in SharePoint Calendar

@JR-BejeweledOne 

I am afraid it is not supported in PowerApps, but I think you can get it in Flow by 'Send Http Request to SharePoint' action.

Please check this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/All-Day-Event-in-a-SharePoint-Calendar-is-not-reco... 

Sik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps create all day event in SharePoint Calendar

@JR-BejeweledOne 

I am afraid it is not supported in PowerApps, but I think you can get it in Flow by 'Send Http Request to SharePoint' action.

Please check this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/All-Day-Event-in-a-SharePoint-Calendar-is-not-reco... 

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,014)