cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

PowerApps creating SharePoint record using data connection and not user id

we are testing a new PowerApp that creates records on two SharePoint Lists, one a Master list and one a Detail list...

The PowerApp isusing a service login called BHF App Connector for the data connections - see this image:

PowerApp using BHF App Connector for data connection.PNG

the user creates several detail records, and when ready, clicks the button Submit request, which calls UpdateIf to set the status of the Master record to submitted.

We have noticed that when I am using the PowerApp (but not anyone else) the records are being created in the list with the data login BHF App Connector in the Created by and Modified by fields - see below image

BHF App Connector login in list.PNG

so what can be causing this - and how do we prevent it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: PowerApps creating SharePoint record using data connection and not user id

@livingstonep 

Two other ideas:

#1  What happens if you play the app from another computer logged in as yourself?  (The credentials might be cached on your machine).

#2  What happens if you clear your browser cache and play the app logged in as yourself?

(Did the app ever work?  I mean did it ever show you as the creator?)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@livingstonep
To my knowledge PowerApps will always write the record as whoever is logged in. You must be currently logged into the BHF App Connector account. Log out and login to your personal account then conduct a test.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

this is the strange thing - I am not logged in as BHF App Connector, I am logged in as myself.

I have even rebooted my pc but it's still happening...

I only used the BHF App Connector in the PowerApps studio to add the SharePoint connectors to the lists...and I have rebooted since closing the studio after publishing the PowerApp

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@livingstonep 

Two other ideas:

#1  What happens if you play the app from another computer logged in as yourself?  (The credentials might be cached on your machine).

#2  What happens if you clear your browser cache and play the app logged in as yourself?

(Did the app ever work?  I mean did it ever show you as the creator?)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

hi,

I cleared all site data, cached data and cookies, restarted the browser, and the same thing happens.

I also tried using In-private/Incognito windows on both Chrome and Firefox with the same result.

any other ideas?

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I would also like to know how to change this when it (somehow) is set. I've created a number of Power Apps and they all write to SP with the user logged in account but have one app that is using the Power App SharePoint connector account for some reason which throws so many things out the window with galleries only showing users "their stuff" based on the Created By SP column. How does one app end up having this set but no others?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@vwyaankee
This post is closed. Suggest you start a new one

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,916)