Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps customize form not loading

Hi Everyone!

I have created a form using PowerApps customize form feature. when I click New in the sharepoint list the form keeps loading but the content doesn't appear!

powerapps.PNG

104 REPLIES 104
Highlighted

Yes, I created a ticket directly with MS, who closed it and then created one with the powerapps team.  

Highlighted

Thank you all for continuing to look into this.

Highlighted

I think I have a similar problem. My powerapps customized form is running ok from my sharepoint list. But when I try to customize it with powerapps studio, it's not loading the app properly. I can see the form, but it seems to be stuck somehow (rolling dots on the top of the page) and cannot really do anything.

Highlighted

Here's what MS found that fixed it for us.  I hope it helps you!  Apparently there is an issue with grouped data cards.  Here is their response that worked:

-----------------From MS---------------------------------------------

To follow up, if you do in fact have grouped data card within a form:

Grouped data cards within in a Form control are technically unsupported.  A bug in previous versions of studio erroneously allowed users to perform this action.  A recent update to how grouped controls are handled has now manifested in this current issue with data card being stacked upon each other. 

We are currently investigating a long term solution for apps that have already been built in the manner. 

In the short term, the solution to migrate forward is to un-group the data cards via the following steps:

1. Open the existing app with an older version of Studio: https://create.powerapps.com/v3.18061.15.80218152/studio/
  2. Un-group all data cards in all forms (you may need to adjust form layout as a result)
  3. Save the app
  4. Re-open the app in the current version of Studio: https://create.powerapps.com/studio/
  5. Make edits, save & publish the app

---------------------------

Highlighted

Thank you for your answer! I was able to open my app with that older version of powerapps studio. I checked my app and there were no grouped datacards. I had some groups where an entire form was grouped with a gallery & some icons. I un-grouped those and checked that the remaining groups included only icons and labels. But after save and publish, the app wouldn't still open in the current version of studio.. guess there's still something wrong 😞

Highlighted

@zarskiCould you please provide us with a session id of a failure to investigate what is going on. Here are instructions for how to get a SessionId: https://aka.ms/PowerAppsSessionId.

Thanks,

Laura

Highlighted

@lauravasiliuHi, I can't get to see the session id with the current version of the studio because the session details page window won't open, but the older version of the studio works and my app's session id seems to be 153a5441-2af0-4188-8063-21c0956257b4

Highlighted

Thanks @zarski for providing us with the session id. The issue that you are hitting in the session provided is understood. We will be working on a fix for this. In the mean time here are two workarounds that we suggest:

1. Use multiple screens in the form and avoid putting all ComboBox controls on the same screen.
OR
2. Try to reorganize the form so it loads all the data sources in collections at application start and have the ComboBox references data from those collections. 

Thanks,

Laura

Highlighted

Thank you @lauravasiliu for your response! I'll check those comboboxes and maybe try to use multiple screens.

Edit1:

Well, I redesigned my app and moved secondary datasources (other connected sharepoint lists), galleries and forms to their own screens instead of using just one screen. Now in the new studio the app and the main screen (with primary datasource and sharepoint form) loads up just fine, but instantly when I navigate to those new secondary screens (with other datasources), the studio totally freezes.

Those "frozen" screens include a gallery that shows (filtered) items from another datasource (sharepoint list) and a form to show selected item's fields. I'm using a sharepoint lookup field on the form for a connection to the primary sharepoint list.. so I'm using that value also to filter the gallery. The old studio shows only (blue) delegation warning with the gallery and the filter function, but otherwise works perfectly.

Guess I'll have to work with the older studio for now 🙂

Edit2:

Thank you PowerApps team for the update! Everyting is working again with the current studio! 🙂

Highlighted

Hi. I'm experiencing a similar issue where the form loads in IE, but in Chrome it won't load. I get a message that the app isn't working and to refresh my browser or try again later - neither of which solve the problem. Session ID: e190fa08-88e6-4cf7-8b6b-5aedb5b823e1.

Any help you canm provide would be great. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,794)