cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchagan1970
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps data source Consent popup - cannot find dataset

Hi,

I have a canvas app in a solution. It uses a SharePoint list, I've set up two Environment Variables of type DataSource, one for the Site and one for the List. I use these in the app as the DataSource.

When I load the app, I get the consent prompt (even as the app owner), but it tells me "We didn't find any datasets. Try again" for the SharePoint data source, I've not seen this before and I'm wondering why it's happening.

tchagan1970_0-1658823070719.png

Clicking the refresh icon then displays a Dropdown with a list of sites that my account has access to:

tchagan1970_1-1658824094222.png

The Dropdown list doesn't include the site where the list resides.

Any ideas what can be causing this and how to fix it? Is it the use of the environment variables for the datasource in the Canvas app?

many thanks in advance

Terry

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @tchagan1970 ,

This may indeed have to do with how you have set up your environment variables. Personally I find this guide very useful, so please check your setup against it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-TvZ9N3BM&t=1226s

In case you still run into issues, please share the specifics on where you get stuck.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @BCBuizer,

that helped thanks, I think the issue was that I presumed the Default value would be picked up, however, that's not the case, it happened because I hadn't set the Current value for the variables, setting that solved the issue.

many thanks

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,407)