cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
padma
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps display form not showing the correct data

i submitted/edited the details in edit form,then the display form is not showing records correctly

submitform(edit form),but i am not able to get the edited records in display form

display form item is set to LookUp(source,ID='BrowseGallery '.Selected.ID)

but the display form is showing first record---should any other properties be set

can anybody pls reply urgently

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@padma,

Do you mean that the display form is created just like the edit form, the difference is that this detail form is actually a view form?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want the detail form to display the last updated record when you finish editing and submit the edit form?

If my understanding is correct, I think the EditForm.Updates could achieve your needs.

Set the Item property of the detail form as below:

EditForm1.Updates

Set the DefaultMode property of the second Edit Form as below:

view

display .png

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jacky_Shen
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Please try to modify the function for Items to BrowseGallery.Selected

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@padma,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want the display form to display the edited record?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, how you configure your edit form and display form, is the display form right behind the edit form?

Normally, if you generate the app directly based on the data source, it automatically generates three screens, the BrowseScreen(BrowseGallery), the DetailScreen(DetailForm), and the EditScreen(EditForm). You can select a certain item from the gallery and the ">" button will navigate you to the DetailForm where display the corresponding item. Then you click the edit icon to navigate to the EditForm where you can edit the item.

The Item property of the DetailForm is set to below by default.

BrowseGallery1.Selected

And I try the formula you provided as below which does not have your problem.

LookUp(FRR,ID=BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

Note: 'FRR' is an SP list as my data source.

Please do check the OnSelect property of the ">" button within the Gallery to see if it is set as below:

Select(Parent);Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

Last but not least, if you want to display the last updated record in the DetailForm, you should set the Item property as below:

First(Sort(FRR,Created,Descending))

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi 

Hi ,i could not genrate app from data source as the app is is having my fields and it needs to be spacious ,the given solution is not working,the app needs to go from edit form to detail form,i created the edit form and detail form same as edit form with display mode view,but all the other steps in the message are followed but still i face the issue

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@padma,

Do you mean that the display form is created just like the edit form, the difference is that this detail form is actually a view form?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want the detail form to display the last updated record when you finish editing and submit the edit form?

If my understanding is correct, I think the EditForm.Updates could achieve your needs.

Set the Item property of the detail form as below:

EditForm1.Updates

Set the DefaultMode property of the second Edit Form as below:

view

display .png

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (85,672)