cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdorscher
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps does not recognize date when writing to sharepoint

Hi again,

I am looking for some help as I have not found an answer. I am trying to write some data from my App to a sharepoint list. Most of the data works fine as it is just plain text. However, the date refuses to work. I tried converting the date to text by adding it to a label but that didn't work either.

The field in Sharepoint is RequestReceived and I have tried:

• (with a date picker as the source) Patch('List Name',Defaults('List Name'), {Title:ProjectName:ProjectName.Text, RequestReceived: ReqReceived.SelectedDate})
    • This tells me the field does not exist in SharePoint...yet it does
  •  (Sending the selected date to a label for text) Patch('List Name',Defaults('List Name'), {Title:ProjectName:ProjectName.Text, RequestReceived: ReqRecTxt.Text})
    • This also tells me the field does not exist in Sharepoint

Everything else seems to write fine. If I don't add  .SelectedDate  or  .Text  then the error goes away but unsurprisingly the field does not populate.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdorscher
Frequent Visitor

Re: PowerApps does not recognize date when writing to sharepoint

Hardit,

Thank you for your willingness to help. I really do appreciate it. I did try it with just that field and had no luck as I was getting the same errors. I saved the app, closed it and restarted it to edit again...same issue. I decided to just delete the column in the SP List and recreate it. It worked! I had a couple of others that were giving me grief as well so I deleted those and recreated them. All is now well and it is (almost) working the way I want it to. 

Again, thank you for taking your time to help.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi, all of this points to the fact that the field doesn't exist in your list, at least not with the name you are using in Patch. Can you double check if the field name is the same as in your Patch function?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com
tdorscher
Frequent Visitor

I have checked, re-checked and checked again that my spelling was correct, that the way the field was set up was correct. Everything is fine. When I remove SelectedDate, it finds the field...when I add SelectedDate back in PowerApps says it does not exist. I used Date and Time for the field in SP and have tried with Friendly Format on and off. I have turned Include Time on and off. Same result. I have turned the field to Single line text and as I stated earlier converted the date to text and it still throws the error. I have attached a screenshot with the field in SP and the error. I have also copied the name directly from SP into PowerApps and the same error is thrown.

Super User
Super User

Can you try your Patch with just the RequestRecieved field? Also, in your SPlist, can you go to field settings and show me the details of that field?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com
tdorscher
Frequent Visitor

Hardit,

Thank you for your willingness to help. I really do appreciate it. I did try it with just that field and had no luck as I was getting the same errors. I saved the app, closed it and restarted it to edit again...same issue. I decided to just delete the column in the SP List and recreate it. It worked! I had a couple of others that were giving me grief as well so I deleted those and recreated them. All is now well and it is (almost) working the way I want it to. 

Again, thank you for taking your time to help.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,372)