cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps dropdown control not showing SharePoint default item

I have built a canvas app that uses multiple SharePoint list data connections. I have a primary list which my forms are built off of and this is the list that data is being submitted to. In this list I have a text field called Product Manager. My PowerApp has a "new" screen and form and an "edit" screen and form - both using this list as the primary data source. On each screen I am using a drop down control for the Product Manager field. For both screens On Visible property I am creating a collection (from another list) to use for the Items property of the drop downs: ClearCollect(prodMgr,{Title:""});Collect(prodMgr,'Product Managers'). On the edit form the default property of the drop down is set to Parent.Default and the Update property of the card is: drpProdMgr_1.SelectedText.Value

The business proecess is as follows: one user will create the initial entry into the list by filling out the form (Product Manager is hidden on the new screen). Some emails will go out via workflow and other users will then access the edit form and fill in other pieces of information - Product Manager being one of those fields. 

The issue I am having is that when the edit form is accessed again (doesn't matter the user) the drop down list has no value showing and sometimes it doesn't even work - it is like there is nothing in the items property. If the form is saved then the value in the SP list gets wiped out. This is happening greater than 50% of the time and I can't figure out what in the world is causing my drop down to lose its mind. Anyone have any ideas???

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello @llanderson2018 

How your defualt value is sets by using collection ? could you please share the screen shot

Highlighted

The default value is set to Parent.Default. The Items property is set to the collection.

Highlighted

Hmm, I think thats the issue

You need to sets the:

Defualt Value - thisitem.<yourfieldname>

Items: collection.title

Highlighted

Thank you. I will try this.

Highlighted

Now, this pulls nothing in on edit.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,262)