Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spartanboy
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps dropdown not showing all values

Hello - 

PowerApps is integrated with PowerBI. There are 221 unique values in a column of power bi table.

I am using Sort(Distinct([@PowerBIIntegration].Data, ColumnName),Result) in drop down in powerapps - But, only shows 21 records that are chosen random.

How can i allow dropdown to show all 221 values?

6 REPLIES 6
PTBBSolutions
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @spartanboy ,

How many records in total you have in [@PowerBIIntegration]? I'm guessing that you are hitting the delegation limit because distinct function is not delegable. Can't you try to filter the table prior the distinct? 

I have a multiple columns in a table with 3000+ records in it = [@PowerBIIntegration].Data. But, 'Column_1' has distinct 220 items. 

If I use Sort(Distinct([@PowerBIIntegration].Data, Column_1),Result) - then it show all 221 items right?

@spartanboy 

No. Distinct is not delegable so you will se the values which are captured up till the delegation limit

(e.g. if your app's delegation limit is 500 rows, it will give you the distinct values of your column based on the 1st 500 records it finds.)

spartanboy
Helper I
Helper I

@PTBBSolutions 

Can we have 2 [@PowerBIIntegration].Data withthin PowerApps? With this i can be able to reduce the data size

@spartanboy ,

Not sure I understand what is your question?

I guess, how to create a powerapp with 2 tables from powerbi? with this i can use LOOKUP or search by using drop down in powerapps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,539)