cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsab81
Microsoft
Microsoft

PowerApps email template where To: list is a custom list with a drop down by name and mapped to a email id in sharepoint

Hello Experts!

I have a scenario where, using the email template native in power apps (below) i should be able to send email to one or multiple people by choosing their names from a drop down in a To: list,

The native template i have inserted from powerapps ( just added cc and bcc to native template) is like below 

pa-delete.JPG

and

I have a sharepoint list where i have manager name and manager email id. 

sample-list-delete.JPG

1. On the email template, when a User sending email, Clicks on To: bar, he should get a drop down of names and should be able to check one name or all names from the drop down list.  Each name should represent a email id behind, though user gets to see only the names he is sending email to.

How can i achieve that . I am sure it would be a combination of power apps and power flow, but suggest me with sample flow with pictures step by step if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dsab81 ,

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps canvas app could achieve your needs.

On your side, you should replace the original "To" Text Input Box with a ComboBox control. Then bind the ComboBox control to your SP List which consists of "managerName" and "managerEmail". Set the Items property of the ComboBox to your SP List, then specify the managerName column as 'Primary text' and 'SearchField' in this ComboBox.

I have made a test on my side, please try the following workaround:

My SP List as below:

2.JPG

On your side, please your SP List as data source into your app. Then hide the original TextSearchBox1, AddIcon1 and SearchIcon1 controls:

3.JPG

Then add a ComboBox control under the "To" Label, name it as "PeopleComboBox". Set the Items property of this ComboBox to following:

'Manager List'  // you should replace it with your own SP List

then specify managerName as  'Primary text' and 'SearchField':

4.JPG

enable "Allow Multiple selections" option for this ComboBox. Then set the OnSelect property of the "Send Email" Icon to following:

Microsoft365Outlook.SendEmail(
                              Concat(PeopleComboBox.SelectedItems,managerEmail & ";"), // Modify formula here
                              TextEmailSubject1.Text, 
                              TextEmailMessage1.Text, 
                              {Importance:"Normal"}
);           
Reset(TextEmailSubject1);           
Reset(TextEmailMessage1);           
Reset(PeopleComboBox)   // Reset PeopleComboBox

5.JPG

After that, when you click the PeopleComboBox, it would show up the Person list from your SP List, you could select one or Multiple options there.

Please try above solution, hope it could solve your problem.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cds
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

gallery

items: Filter(SharepointList, ToInput.Text in managerName Or ToInput.Text in mangerEmail)

label in gallery

onselect: Collect(To, ThisItem.Email & "; ")

To input: To

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dsab81 ,

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps canvas app could achieve your needs.

On your side, you should replace the original "To" Text Input Box with a ComboBox control. Then bind the ComboBox control to your SP List which consists of "managerName" and "managerEmail". Set the Items property of the ComboBox to your SP List, then specify the managerName column as 'Primary text' and 'SearchField' in this ComboBox.

I have made a test on my side, please try the following workaround:

My SP List as below:

2.JPG

On your side, please your SP List as data source into your app. Then hide the original TextSearchBox1, AddIcon1 and SearchIcon1 controls:

3.JPG

Then add a ComboBox control under the "To" Label, name it as "PeopleComboBox". Set the Items property of this ComboBox to following:

'Manager List'  // you should replace it with your own SP List

then specify managerName as  'Primary text' and 'SearchField':

4.JPG

enable "Allow Multiple selections" option for this ComboBox. Then set the OnSelect property of the "Send Email" Icon to following:

Microsoft365Outlook.SendEmail(
                              Concat(PeopleComboBox.SelectedItems,managerEmail & ";"), // Modify formula here
                              TextEmailSubject1.Text, 
                              TextEmailMessage1.Text, 
                              {Importance:"Normal"}
);           
Reset(TextEmailSubject1);           
Reset(TextEmailMessage1);           
Reset(PeopleComboBox)   // Reset PeopleComboBox

5.JPG

After that, when you click the PeopleComboBox, it would show up the Person list from your SP List, you could select one or Multiple options there.

Please try above solution, hope it could solve your problem.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft It worked !!.. and thank you for step by step info, it helped me and people who are new to powerapps.. appreciate your help !

I just need one thing .. I need to add bcc and cc to the app . How can i do that ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,543)