cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjbcruz
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps error when workflow is run "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed" on Sharepoint

I have a Sharepoint custom form in PowerApps. In the OnSuccess of the form it's calling a workflow in Power Automate when a new Sharepoint list item is created. As the main owner of the workflow I was able to successfully run the workflow with no issues upon creation of new item, however when a different users is creating an item the workflow doesn't seem to run and I got this error message "ApprovalWorkflow.Run failed: { "code": "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed", "message": "Failed to parse invoker connections from trigger 'manual' outputs. Exception: Could not find any valid connection for connection reference name 'shared_sharepointonline' in APIM tokens header." }". I already tried removing the workflow from the app and adding it again but i'm still getting the same error. The workflow uses an Approval, Sharepoint and Outlook connection.

I also tried saving a copy of the workflow and removing the old workflow from the powerapps and adding the new one. But I'm still getting the same error for other users (except me). One thing I notice when a new user accesses the app the prompt for permission is only for Approvals and Outlook, there was no prompt for Sharepoint permission.
Additional details

17 REPLIES 17
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjbcruz ,

I made a test, created a PowerApps custom form with a flow, and it worked for other members. The only difference is that it requires the permission of the SharePoint connection, but yours not. I believe this is the cause of issue.

I suggest you try to share the Flow to other members to check if this issue is fixed.

1. Go to Power Automate, select the Flow you used

2. Click Share, add a User or Group

Snipaste_2020-03-09_16-09-27.png

If this still doesn't work, please re-create a flow and try again to check if your issue is fixed.

Sik

priyankajain
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, 

I am trying to call flow from my PowerApp, This flow will add attachment to the list item but calling this flow from PowerApp button is generating error.

Can anyone please help me find out the solution for this issue?

priyankajain_0-1615463744112.png

Were you able to resolve this, I'm getting the same error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also running into the same issue, popped up yesterday out of nowhere and I can't seem to find a fix that works. So far I've tried:

• Removing & Re-adding the flow to the PowerApp
  • Rebuilding the flows from scratch and adding the new flows to the PowerApp
  • Changing the permissions of the flows to include the necessary users

So far none of these have worked, but according to most of the solutions out there removing / re-adding should have done the trick. I have no problem running the flows from the PowerApp Studio, the issue only pops up when I use the PowerApp from a mobile device.

Edit:

• Updated the PowerApps Mobile App to Version 3.21031.26 (no success)
  • Moved my flows & PowerApps into a Solution (no success)
  • Deleted and Re-added all flow connectors (no success)
jlao

Same here.This error started to pop up yesterday afternoon and other shared users of the app is unable to execute the flow. The issue is replicable in brand new apps and flows that I recreated.

Screenshot 2021-03-12 084245.png

TomCornford
Frequent Visitor

Same here, started receiving this error yesterday only for some users and only on some devices.

StuCrooks
Frequent Visitor

I've got this issue on 1 of 2 buttons inside the same app. 

One button triggers a flow to get a SharePoint PDF and show it back in the app (failing)

The other button Gets a docx from SharePoint, creates a new file in OneDrive, saves a PDF version back to SharePoint, so both are connected to SharePoint and only 1 fails, which makes no sense.

Strangely, Button 1 that is failing works when I'm in the browser in design mode but fails to work on mobile.

What I've done:

I've rebuilt the entire flow from scratch 

I've deleted the SharePoint connection from the flow and re-added

Deleted the flow button connection with the PowerApp (multiple times)

Saved the app, re-published

Wiped cache and logged out and back in on mobile

Forgot to mention, I'm using the "Get file content using Path" SharePoint connection in Button 1.

Also, Android mobile.

UPDATE:

I resolved my issue by doing the following:

1. In Flow, created a new connection within the SharePoint block of my flow. Select the 3 dots, new connection.
2. Then in PowerApps, removed the Button action from connections (make sure you copy your code on the button action as when you reconnect the button to the flow, it wipes all the code out!).

3. Re-added the button action to connect back to my flow, pasted in my copied code from above step, saved and published. 

4. Happy days!

timrastall
Regular Visitor

timrastall_0-1615503625224.png

Same problem here - invoking a PowerAutomate flow from a Powerapp button. Works fine when testing through powerapps studio but all users get the same error when doing it from the app (only tested on android so far).

The flow creates a new attachment for a list item in sharepoint.

SharePoint connector is the same one being used across the app. 

Actions I've taken:

• rebuilt the flow several times,
  • removed the flow connection from the powerapps and re-added it,
  • confirmed the flow is shared to the relevant users,
  • Uninstalled powerapps on the phone.
  • Signed out of powerapps and back in.

Nothing fixed it.

sjsdupreez

Any feedback from MS on this one? We have the same issue (that started this morning without any modifications to the APP). Our APP triggers a flow with a connection to a SQL db. When using the APP and triggering the flow via a browser all is working fine, but via either the mobile android or IOS apps, it is throwing an error

sjsdupreez_0-1615508659012.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,980)