cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjbcruz
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps error when workflow is run "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed" on Sharepoint

I have a Sharepoint custom form in PowerApps. In the OnSuccess of the form it's calling a workflow in Power Automate when a new Sharepoint list item is created. As the main owner of the workflow I was able to successfully run the workflow with no issues upon creation of new item, however when a different users is creating an item the workflow doesn't seem to run and I got this error message "ApprovalWorkflow.Run failed: { "code": "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed", "message": "Failed to parse invoker connections from trigger 'manual' outputs. Exception: Could not find any valid connection for connection reference name 'shared_sharepointonline' in APIM tokens header." }". I already tried removing the workflow from the app and adding it again but i'm still getting the same error. The workflow uses an Approval, Sharepoint and Outlook connection.

I also tried saving a copy of the workflow and removing the old workflow from the powerapps and adding the new one. But I'm still getting the same error for other users (except me). One thing I notice when a new user accesses the app the prompt for permission is only for Approvals and Outlook, there was no prompt for Sharepoint permission.
Additional details

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
a-ovbord
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjbcruz,

Please try the following:

- remove and re-add the Flow in the Form

- if that does not work, redo the SharePoint connection

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
a-ovbord
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjbcruz,

Please try the following:

- remove and re-add the Flow in the Form

- if that does not work, redo the SharePoint connection

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

I had to do both to fix the connection error.  Seems really silly.

Had the same issue with O365 connector.  Had to actually click the button to remove the Flow from the app (merely removing the Flow reference in the formula doesn't fully remove the Flow), then add it back in.  Frustrating because PowerApps was programmed to remove the entire formula once you add the flow reference.  Luckily, I backed-up the formula code before I clicked the button.

Good thing you backed up your formula.  Here is a tip for you.  I always access the OnHidden method for the Screen (I never use this method) when removing/adding back/ adding a Power Automate flow.  Once the flow function appears, I either cut it (if I need it) or wipe it out.  This way I never lose any of my existing code.

That's a great idea!  Thanks for the tip @v-bram 

mazenm
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Any update here, how can we solve the SP API connection issue

Thank you,

HRC47
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem with exact same error message!

Things that i tried, which didnt help

1. Readding Flow to PowerApp thru "datasource" section

2. Creating a copy of Flow and adding it to PowerApp

3. Redo the connections in Flow and PowerApp

The app is using some flows that are using Sharepoint Online also, they work fine.

But I created a 2 new flows last week and they are cannot be launch from app, receiving this error message..

Flow is running great when it is ran from Automate enviroment using "Test" function.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here and I have tried all this too with no success:

Re: PowerApps error when workflow is run "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed" on Sharepoint

1. Readding Flow to PowerApp thru "datasource" section

4. Recreating the Flow from scratch.

edajua

Hi,

We also have the issue:

1. Reading Flow to PowerApp through "datasource" section

4. Recreating the Flow from scratch.

This problem happen with users difference that owner or the app is export/import in different tenant (the connections are ok)

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,043)