cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjbcruz
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps error when workflow is run "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed" on Sharepoint

I have a Sharepoint custom form in PowerApps. In the OnSuccess of the form it's calling a workflow in Power Automate when a new Sharepoint list item is created. As the main owner of the workflow I was able to successfully run the workflow with no issues upon creation of new item, however when a different users is creating an item the workflow doesn't seem to run and I got this error message "ApprovalWorkflow.Run failed: { "code": "InvokerConnectionOverrideFailed", "message": "Failed to parse invoker connections from trigger 'manual' outputs. Exception: Could not find any valid connection for connection reference name 'shared_sharepointonline' in APIM tokens header." }". I already tried removing the workflow from the app and adding it again but i'm still getting the same error. The workflow uses an Approval, Sharepoint and Outlook connection.

I also tried saving a copy of the workflow and removing the old workflow from the powerapps and adding the new one. But I'm still getting the same error for other users (except me). One thing I notice when a new user accesses the app the prompt for permission is only for Approvals and Outlook, there was no prompt for Sharepoint permission.
Additional details

17 REPLIES 17
Delboycoffeekin
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue on an new app im developing. My test app with the same connection to the sql stored procedure is still working just not in my new app. Have created a new Flo and reconected. It all works on the studio just not on my mobile or in the Powerapps Runtime on PC.

I sorted it by creating a new flo. Removed all the flow fom the app. saved the app closed the browser. reopened and added the new flow and tested on phone. now it works. Hope i dont have this issue in my production app!!

Markus_HH

Same here... 

tried all suggested Solution

Delboycoffeekin
Frequent Visitor

https://youtu.be/OpE4U96-ys8

This might help. It didn't for me though 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really good explanation of what's likely going on behind the scenes, solution didn't work for me either :'( I'm hoping Microsoft will acknowledge this problem so it can be resolved soon...

tchristy99
Helper I
Helper I

Same thing happened to me, all of a sudden it just started failing. I have tried all the things that everyone else has tried. Rebuilding, etc. MS needs to comment!

RSawyer
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same thing is happening to me. I have opened a support ticket with Microsoft. The engineer explained that Microsoft are aware of the issue and it was caused by an update that took place last week. We went through the following steps:

• Remove all Flow connections from PowerApps and add them again (Repeat for every step listed).
  • Delete all email steps within the Flow and recreate.
  • Delete all Office 365 Group steps within the Flow and recreate.
  • Change the connections to the email steps to a different account.
  • Use the "Save As" feature for the Flow and rename. Delete the Flows from PowerApps, then add back into PowerApps.
  • Update PowerApps.
  • Delete the PowerApp trigger within the Flow and reset variables.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to resolve the issue as yet. What region are you from? The engineer mentioned that other UK users have been affected by the issue.

UPDATE:

I have managed to fix the issue : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-error-when-workflow-is-run-quot/td...

More testing required. Microsoft, please provide an easy way to tidy connections!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit II:

Opened up the PowerApp studio today and noticed that all of my flows had been disconnected since yesterday. I removed them and re-added them and it is now working without issue... Not sure exactly what was happening but i'm assuming Microsoft has been busy making some internal changes to the Power Automate platform the last little while. Hopefully everyone's is up and running again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,438)