Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinimedina91
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps filter on Lookup column from SharePoint

Hello all,

I'm using two lists on my SharePoint: 

Team Members, where I have the Name column and Status Column that can be Active or Inactive.

and the

Document Management, where I have the Document Name and Owner (lookup from Team Members column)

I have a PowerApps form and I'm trying to filter the Choice field to show only Active Team Memebrs, I have the follwing formula on my Owner field on Items property:

Filter(

Choices('Document Management'.Owner),

Value in Filter('Team Members', Status.Value = "Active").Name

But I'm not sure why when I write this down it seems PowerApps does not recognize 'Team Members' as a list and I cannot complete this filter (when I start typing 'Team... it does not appear as I type 'Document Management'):

unnamed.png

I'm sorry if this is a obvious thing that I'm missing. I started using PowerApps recently.

Thanks in advance for your time and support!

13 REPLIES 13

@RandyHayes ,

Ok.... I'm really embarrassed right now.....

I thought that using a LookUp wouldn't require to add the list on data source. I've added and it worked perfectly!

I'm so sorry for taking your time with such a newbie mistake. 😟

Thanks a lot for all the support provided! Have a nice week!

@vinimedina91 

Oh no worries at all!!  This is all part of the learning cycle and there are many here to patiently work through things.

Keep up the pace and certainly feel free to bounce questions on this forum when you have them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
dpual1031
Regular Visitor

I am having a similar issue.   I am working with two lists.   1. Audit Items,  2. Functional Groups.   The 'Functional Groups' list has two fields:  'Functional Group' and 'Area'.   The Audit Items list has two look up fields, you guessed it... 'Functional Group' and 'Area'.  

In my form I need to do two things with these columns - First I need to make the Choices in the Functional Group distinct - there are multiple Areas for each functional group.   And I also then need to filter the Area filed by the functional group so that when the user selected a Functional group, the system presents only the filtered list in the Area dropdown.    

1.  I cannot figure out how to do a distinct on the Functional Group column. Nothing seems to work.

2.  My attempt at filtering the Area field doesn't work:  Filter(Choices([@'Admin Role Gap Analysis'].Area), Value in Filter('Functional Groups & Areas','Functional Group'=DataCardValue5.Selected.Value).Area).  this formula doesn't show any warnings to errors, but it simply doesn't produce the expect results. 

Any clues?

BTW...  I attempted to create these fields as non-lookup choices, which worked on the form, the results would not save in SharePoint.   So I am thinking if these are lookup fields that may not happen.  

engons

Hello,

I am trying to do the same filtering as the example, but I get all the items of the source data. In my case, I have two SharePoint Lists:

- Timesheets

- Projects

I want to select only active projects when introducing a new timesheet. I am trying:

Filter(Choices([@'Timesheets'].Project); Value in Filter('Projects'; 'Project closed' = false).Title)

The funny thing is that I got it a few days ago by using the following formula, but it stopped working one day...

Filter('Projects'; 'Project closed' = false)

Captura.PNG

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,170)