Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GowthamR
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps for Office 365

Hi Team,

I am planning to build a simple PowerApp to record Employee expense. (Using SharePoint and Flow only).

My question is regarding the licensing, we currently have Office 365 E3 which includes PowerApps for Office 365. Will this license be sufficient for our employees to Install the App and use it? As I said earlier, I will only connect to SharePoint to store the data and use Flow for Approvals.

I did try to read the licensing and I felt that E3 license should be enough, but want to be doubly sure. 🙂

Appreciate your help with this.

Kind regards,

Gowtham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @GowthamR 

Yes, an Office 365 E3 license can connect to SharePoint and any user with that license can run the apps you make.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @GowthamR 

Yes, an Office 365 E3 license can connect to SharePoint and any user with that license can run the apps you make.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Hello @SeanHenderson ,

I was just contacted by one of our clients. He says that one of his employees ("User 1") was asked to activate his PowerApp trial period upon opening my app for the first time. When asked, he told me that previous users, such as "User 2", had immediate access to the app.

I checked the AdminCenter and in both profiles it says they have an E3 licence with "PowerApps for Office365" checked (pictures attached). However, User 1 could NOT use PowerApps, while in this here post it says that an E3 licence should be sufficient to use PowerApps. Do you have an idea what the issue might be? I hope you can help.

Best regards

SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@M_Sch 

You are saying that other users, with the exact same license, are able to access it?

Hi @SeanHenderson ,

yes, that is what our client claimed at least. Two users with exact same licenses (I have checked). One could access the app, the other had to activate a trial license. I have tasked our customer with inquiring wether the second user (with access) may have activated a trial license beforehand. I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Unless you could tell me where to look it up on the tenant myself? I do not yet know of a way to see trial licenses or distinguish them from proper ones.

SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Are you able to use Partner Center to access their environment through delegate admin? Or have they assigned you an account with a license?

You can go to Office 365 Admin Center to view the users and assigned licenses.

@SeanHenderson 

they have assigned us an account with admin permissions. I have checked the admin center. See my previously attached pictures.

According to the admin center they both have E3 licences and under 'Apps' the "PowerApps for O365" box checked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,954)